Question for Faith

carrie

Faith -

I believe you use the Toyokalon hair for your braids. They are beautiful. How do you get the curl? and how did you make that beautiful bun in your pics?

Thanks,
Carrie

Hi Carrie,

Yeah the July 2002 pics were toyokalon. They came curled at the ends already. All I did was braid them in. As for the bun I just took the hair twisted it into a bun and put my nylon-scrunchie around it to secure it.
The Oct 2002 pics are Afrelle (I believe it is also toyokalon...not 100% sure). I dipped those in water and when they dried I rolled them on my remington hot rollers. With time the curls would last till the next wash (at least 2 weeks). HTH! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are really beautiful!

I am going to attempt /images/graemlins/grin.gif, putting my own braids in. I have the curly braided hair, like the kind they used to crochet in. I have a blondish, mustard color, so I can't wait to see how I look with them. I've been practicing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Faith, could u curl the toyokalon hair with a curling iron and style it as u would human hair? How often did u wash them , how long did they last and what products did u use to keep them looking so nice? Those first pictures ith the definite toyokalon were very pretty!

Hey sweetdaisies
smile.gif
I just got back a few days ago. I'm just trying to catcfh up on some posts now...I'm not going to bother reading it all...just too hard.
Anyhoo, to answer your questions...I never tried curling it with an iron. I was scared it would melt...lol. If you try it let me know...low heat of course. I wash it every 2-3 weeks. And it lasted up to 3 months..it could have lasted longer if I was not worried about buildup. I use hair oils...right now I use keracare's essential hair oil. I used to mix my own but I'm getting too lazy lately to do such things. Since I did not have access to the hair sites for almost 3 months I have lost some of my "obsessive" hair behaviors. I'm finding I'm not so focused on it anymore.
grin.gif

Hi,

I have a question. I braid my own hair and when I used the
toyokalon hair..it unraveled horribly! Any tricks or tips to make the braids stay?

ShandaMichelle,
I really want to learn how to braid my own hair. I usally pay someone $140 to do it for me and a college student the costs can add up.
wallbash.gif
How long does it take you to braid your own hair. When i tried to braid my own hair (a couple of strands)it doesn't come out as tight as when my hairdresser does it. thanks

Hi,

I started braiding my own hair in college so I've had a lot of practice.. By no means do I braid perfectly and it's still hard for me to do the back. I do an ok enough job so that they look presentable and I can always touch them up myself. I bought a braid video a long time ago and that helped some. The best advice I can give is to keep the hair at a nice tight tension, they come out neater.. Sorry I couldn't be of more help..

shanda michelle

[ QUOTE ]
ShandaMichelle,
I really want to learn how to braid my own hair. I usally pay someone $140 to do it for me and a college student the costs can add up.
wallbash.gif
How long does it take you to braid your own hair. When i tried to braid my own hair (a couple of strands)it doesn't come out as tight as when my hairdresser does it. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I have no tips or tricks. It does unravel a bit, not too much cause I have natural hair. When it's bothering me I just spend time redoing the ends when I'm watching tv or I just let it be.
smile.gif

Back