Question for Dominican Salon Goers

SNyeema

Is this "blow-out" process only done for folks who are either natural or have long (past shoulder length) hair? I'm just wondering what the purpose of going is. I have medium (past ear but above shoulder) length hair and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to just try them out for the experience. Currently, I'm just setting my hair and wearing it curly. Wouldn't mind a roller wrap though (if they do that). Anyway, just wondering. Thanks.

No, it's for everyone....

In NY the Dominican salons call this process a wash and set, and anyone can get one with any length hair (well hair that can be put in rollers)
They use the same process when they do relaxers

Yes you should try them out. They are for everybody and once you start going, dont be suprised if it becomes a habit. Wash and set are good cause they blow your roots out and help when you are trying to stretch. They also leave your hair looking great. I hope you enjoy the experience..

If your hair is short and thin you may want to opt for root blow out only.
Often, I see sisters come out of the rollers after their set with full bouncy neck length hair, but after a full blowout their hair looks wispy and flyaway without any body.

If they blow out only the root area, the body achieved from the roller remains. You can ask to have it wrapped or pin curled so that when you take it down at home it is really swinging.

IMO, full blow outs look better on those with shoulder length or below hair OR for those who have very thick shorter hair.

Just a suggestion.

That said, try them out. I think you will like the experience.

Thanks ladies for your responses. My hair is thin but I have a lot of it (think wooly mammoth). Usually I would get a roller wrap of some sort at my usual salon and my hair is swinging. If the "dryer" affect will give me even more bounce then I'm all for it (especially if it's so inexpensive). I'll try it out and try each process. Then stick with the one I like the best and the one that's best for my hair. Thanks again for your responses.

melodee said:
If your hair is short and thin you may want to opt for root blow out only.
Often, I see sisters come out of the rollers after their set with full bouncy neck length hair, but after a full blowout their hair looks wispy and flyaway without any body.

If they blow out only the root area, the body achieved from the roller remains. You can ask to have it wrapped or pin curled so that when you take it down at home it is really swinging.

IMO, full blow outs look better on those with shoulder length or below hair OR for those who have very thick shorter hair.

Just a suggestion.

That said, try them out. I think you will like the experience.

ITA, but I have seen shorter hair come out with good results...If you are only gonna get ur roots blown out, you will have alot of tight curl left (from the rollers) and you should just have then wrap your hair afterwards. The Dominicans are very, very good at wraps....

Back