Question Fine haired naturals

DearJohn

I want to know how do you give hang time to your when you do twist out? I know hair length affects whether it sticks up or falls hangs down and texture to a degree does it to.

My usurious is I have seen twist out that hang on people with much shorter than me. To give you an idea I am 15 months post big chop. My hair has thrive so with the exception of a few episodes I have not had any breakages and I have currently sl with a mixture of type 4 hair.

My braid outs are fine but my twist out although nice and defined look like a$$.

I have to do flat twists, to get a cute twist out that hangs nicely. I also bantu the twisted ends.

20111030_200127_867-vi.jpg

IMAG04571-vi.jpg

Here's some results. I also stretch/ wear a bun 1st or lightly blow dried these....then twisted. My hair is fine.

Last edited:
Maybe doing small twists? I don't use products when I twist and my hair had no problem having a bit of hang when I wore a twist-out:

FirstEverTwistOut-vi.jpg

Here's another occasion, but this was a flop coz I wet my hair after undoing the twists :nuts:

TwistOutFlopSept2008-vi.jpg

I either flat twists my twists or I braid my twists. And if I have done small twists, I will put water on my hands and massage my roots to loosen my twists at the roots a bit. That gives me more hang and allows me to style my twist-out.

Back