Question asked me at church

Coffee

You don't use grease on your hair do you? That was the question I was asked last week at church. I said no, and she wanted to know what I used and I told her mainly coconut oil. My question, how would she be able to tell that I don't use grease?

No offense but I think maybe she thought your hair looked dry. In your siggy, it doesnt look dry to me but that might be why she asked. My mom is always telling me to use grease because my hair looks dry.

But there could have been another reason she asked.

MAYBE because it wasn't plastered to your head...lol
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

This may well be it - when you don't use grease on your hair, it looks clean and shiny and silky without that artificial plastered, well, greasy look. I'll bet that's why she asked.

Yawl are too funny, but I think the not being plastered to my head is correct:lachen:. My hair doesn't look dry, so I don't think that's it. I think she must use grease on her hair, because it didn't have any fluff to it, if that makes sense.

84d1201139707-check-out-new-top-chef-contestants-grimley.gif

:giggle:

She's Probably been "Admiring" Your Hair for a While, and this question was probably her sedgeway into asking more about Your Hair. That really probably wasn't what she really wanted to know.:nono:

She probably wanted to know more. Like about Your Regimen etc....:yep:

I have found when people ask me: "What Kind of Make Up do you use?" (And I get this ALL the Time, Always Have) from Black & White Women.

They really want to know something else, and if I give them the opportunity, they want to know what I use on my face for cleansing etc....:look:

It's always a "Loaded" Question.:look: It's just how "open" I am with my answers.

Well I took the lady who asked about my hair some coconut oil today. I really looked at her hair and while it's nice, it does just lay there, probably from the grease she uses. I also took some HairVeda Shea Aloe to use on another lady's granddaughter's hair. She also wants me to order her some more. I got about 5 comments on my hair, one from the Pastor so ya'll know you couldn't tell me nothing today:lachen:.

Last edited:
Her's doesn't bounce, move, shake, or anything. Mine does, so that must be why she said that I don't use grease.

Last edited:
OT: Tiffers, i saw that little bug in your siggy out the corner of my eye and was just about to smash my laptop screen in to kill it. LMAO!! Good thing i caught myself in time.

congrats on all of the hair congrats today!!! lol

That was awesome of you to give her some coconut oil too! maybe you might start a trend

Thanks! There are quite a few women in my church that need some type of hair intervention:grin:.

I would also like to add that for a lot of people---shiny is not enough...it needs to look like a "press and curl" complete with at least a touch of greasy...like PRODUCT should be obvious---not just shine.

lol I've had people look at me krazy too about the hair just swangin thing. Yeah, she was just admiring the swang of things. I know since my hair is thin, when I used to use [pink oil headress] my hair wouldn't go ANYWHERE

probably because your hair doent look like fly paper...with dust particles and stuff clinging onto your hair.

Back