Question about underprocessed hair?

RabiaElaine

I got a touch up around April 24, after having braids in for almost 4 months and not relaxing for 5 months. My hair seemed to have been relaxed well after the first two washes but now i'm noticing that it was underprocessed.
Now here's the thing: After doing an inspection of my hair yesterday I noticed that my roots are straight for about 3/4-1 inch, then the hair after that still has some kink to it and is not smooth like it should be.
How can I rememdy this since the roots seem to be ok but the hair after that seems to be underprocessed? I don't want to overprocess the areas that are ok at the root, but I need to do something about the other hair.
Help
confused.gif
frown.gif

Hmmmmmm.......
What style are you trying to wear? Do you plan on gettin braids again soon? I have the same problem, but in reverse the ends are straight and the roots are underprocessed. I had some braids put in yesterday, but have been pressing my roots so they will lay.
This may or maynot be a good idea for you depending on the style your trying to wear at the moment.
blush.gif
hwell:

RabiaElaine,
It sounds like a bad situation. Usually ladies with underprocessed hair end up doing a pull-thru and this usually works fine but, your case is different. Usually their roots are under and the ends are fine. I won't risk over processing. I'm sorry, I can't offer you any valid advice.

By the way, what relaxer did u use? I hope it wasn't motions mild? What strength did u use? I'd really like to know. I just took out my braids after 3.5 months. I haven't had a touchup in 4.5 months and i'm setting to do one this Saturday for my graduation. I plan on using Mizani regular.

Back