question about these braids...

DarkAngell

Im thinkin of getting these done cause this summer heat/humitidy is sabotaging my transition.

http://www.braidsinc.com/gallery/microbob.JPG

My question is....do i have to cut my own hair VERY short to achieve this look? My hair right now is longer then the point where the braid ends. how does this work? Please enlighten me cause i know nothing about this...

I should add that my hair isnt terrible long either but it is a few inches longer then the braids are..

Last edited:
I've never had these but I'm thinking you shouldn't have to cut it. Just make sure the hair you use is as long as your real hair. HTH.

Looks like her hair is short. I think to get urs this lenght--ur hair would have to be much shorter than the weave to get this effect.

Looks like her hair stops where the braiding stops and the crinkly weave is left loose.

Why not get extensions that are as long as your hair or close, and do a braid out on them. After wearing extensions for a couple of years, my hair grew as long as my shoulder-length extensions. I could no longer curl the end with an iron, since I didn't want heat on my hair, so I would do briad-outs. Came out looser than the do you want and would hang more than look fluffy, but that's the closest thing I can think of.

Better yet - and this is what I'd do if my hair was long and I still wanted that look - I'd get a full weave that resembles Ayeshia's hair (Ayeshia got such a weave not too long and it look hawt) or one that resembles So1913's hair/cut. Your hair would be more protected in a full weave than it'd be if you tried to do that do as it is, leaving your hair out then doing a braid out so that your hair would blend with the added hair.

Last edited:
Nonie said:
Why not get extensions that are as long as your hair or close, and do a braid out on them. After wearing extensions for a couple of years, my hair grew as long as my shoulder-length extensions. I could no longer curl the end with an iron, since I didn't want heat on my hair, so I would do briad-outs. Came out looser than the do you want and would hang more than look fluffy, but that's the closest thing I can think of.

Better yet - and this is what I'd do if my hair was long and I still wanted that look - I'd get a full weave that resembles Ayeshia's hair (Ayeshia got such a weave not too long and it look hawt) or one that resembles So1913's hair/cut. Your hair would be more protected in a full weave than it'd be if you tried to do that do as it is, leaving your hair out then doing a braid out so that your hair would blend with the added hair.

hmmmm. thats true. & i do love ayeshia and so1913's hair lol

Back