Question about rollers

JLove74

I'm going to start doing my own roller sets and was wondering if it's easier using mesh rollers (since there is some texture on the rollrs) as opposed to the magnetic ones?

Also, I've been reading threads on the solar rollers. Can you use those on wet hair and sit under the dryer or are they best used to maintain curls on dry hair?

Thanks

I use solar rollers to maintain curls on dry hair. Do not use them on wet hair unless you want a really tight curl. I have made nice spirals with them by spritzing hair with a touch of leave-in and setting, but not on really damp hair. I looked like a poodle!! I have only used the plastic mesh rollers which are at Rite-Aid. They do grip the hair more than magnetic when putting them on because of the textured surface and the hair dries really fast. I am going to switch to magnetic though, because I was using the mesh for practice. I think magnetic are best for my hair. The hair slides easily over the magnetic rollers so I think i can really ensure that my hair ends are laying smoothly on the roller. I am not an expert setter, but I hope this helps. Also, do a search. There are tons of threads on rollersetting that helped me in the archives. Good luck!

Thanks - very informative. I'm a newbie when it comes to doing my own roller sets - I'm usually in the salon every week letting someone else do it. So I'm going to give it a try....wish me luck.

Hi :)

I use plastic rollers and mesh rollers. I use the plastic rollers but only cause im soo used to using them. Both become easy to use with practice. I remember the mesh getting my roots straighter around touch up time tho...

JLove74 said:
Thanks - very informative. I'm a newbie when it comes to doing my own roller sets - I'm usually in the salon every week letting someone else do it. So I'm going to give it a try....wish me luck.

Don't be discouraged if you don't get it right the first few times. It takes some practice to do roller sets well. But keep at it, everyone who does them had to learn at some point.

Back