Question about roller setting, dryers

Cheleigh

Hey folks--
I used heat on my hair for the first time since early June--I did a roller set and used my tabletop dryer (that I just got back from my mommy :D).

Photos are at the end of my album (dated today). :blush:

As you can see, I didn't do a bang-up job. In fact, I've never been able to roller set.

I didn't pull the hair tight enough (I think I'm scared to pull too tight) and also, my little table top dryer is not going to do an effective job on my hair--I dried it with the dryer for a couple of hours (off and on, I admit) and air dried for another 8 hours. No dice--the hair that was in flexirods in the back were still not dry.

Sooooo, I guess I'm going to have spring for a "real" dryer, eh? What's best? Can they be had for under $200?

Also, however it looks (some folks at work liked it, go figure), I'd like to keep it curly for another few days. I used setting lotion and my hair feels rather hard and dry around the edges. Can I moisturize it as normal (water-based spritz and a leave-in moisturizer) or is this a no-no if I want to keep the curls?

Mixing a setting lotion with some water and leave in(Biolage Daily Tonic or Biolage Fortifying Treatment, my personal favs) leaves my hair with soft, bouncy curls. The curls last 3-5 days, but aren't crunchy, so if I do a doobie it won't shed. I use a ratio of 1/3 setting lotion or wrap lotion, 1/3 water, 1/3 leave in..Also I always use magnetic(drys very smooth) or mesh rollers(drys quicker this way)..

sweetness0099 said:
Mixing a setting lotion with some water and leave in(Biolage Daily Tonic or Biolage Fortifying Treatment, my personal favs) leaves my hair with soft, bouncy curls. The curls last 3-5 days, but aren't crunchy, so if I do a doobie it won't shed. I use a ratio of 1/3 setting lotion or wrap lotion, 1/3 water, 1/3 leave in..Also I always use magnetic(drys very smooth) or mesh rollers(drys quicker this way)..

Thanks, great advice. I'll try this next time.

Anyone else? What dryer are you all using for your roller sets? Anyone else have tips for smoothing the hair tighter? Anyone, anyone? ((silent cries from the ghetto)).

Back