Question about quotation marks.

Carrie A

When I want to comment on what someone else said in my post I try to put their statement in quotation marks. However, when the post appears I do not see the phrase Originally Posted By So and So. I have been copying and pasting the phrase between the two bracketed quotes. Like this-
I'll insert phrase here
. How do I get the original poster's name attached to the quoted phrase?

When you want to quote someone, you can simply click on the QUOTE button at the bottom of their post; which is adjacent to the THANKS button (you don't have to enter quotation marks; hitting the quote button does this automatically for you).

If you're quoting more than one person, you can simply click on the button with " and + sign (right next to the quote button) that's in the post that you'd like to quote. After scanning through a thread, and you're ready to quote say 2-3 or more people, just click on the "Post Reply" button, and you'll see their quotes listed with a space between each post...allowing you to comment on each one. :yep:

HTH.

When you want to quote someone, you can simply click on the QUOTE button at the bottom of their post; which is adjacent to the THANKS button (you don't have to enter quotation marks; hitting the quote button does this automatically for you).

If you're quoting more than one person, you can simply click on the button with " and + sign (right next to the quote button) that's in the post that you'd like to quote. After scanning through a thread, and you're ready to quote say 2-3 or more people, just click on the "Post Reply" button, and you'll see their quotes listed with a space between each post...allowing you to comment on each one. :yep:

HTH.

Thanks Testing I hope this works. Now what if I just want to quote the first paragraph. Do I highlight then press quote button?

HTH.
Ok I just deleted the stuff I didn't want.

Back