Question about Profectiv ???

MWilson569

I've used profectiv's mega growth(with added pure castor oil and indian hemp fromt health food store) and its deep conditioner mask....I absolutely love both products. But, I wanted to know if naturals could use break-free ( it's suppose to be for chemically damaged hair)??? Also, for anyone who has used break-free, mega growth and healthy ends...Are the products basically the same??? ..Do I need to buy all of these products or will mega growth be sufficient for my hair from base to ends??? I want to try the other products, but I dont want to waste my money if these products are basically the same thing under a different name..PLEASE HELP- confussed-a.k.a. Melissa

When I was relaxed I used breakfree on my new growth, so i think that it can be used for natural hair. Actually i used a sample of break free that I got in the mail yesterday and it made my hair reallyb soft. Next time you go to the bsss get the containers and compare the ingredients. And they should have a profectiv chart by the products to explain what they do to the hair. For example Chemical Damage (Breakage) and Frizz is for Long n Healthy and Break Free. Whereas Megagrowth is for Breakgae from styling not chemicals. So actually megagrowth will be more suitable for me since i dont have any chemicals in my hair, but if i want i can use breakfree as well.

katie,

i've found that the profectiv long 'n healthy works best for me. it gives me a LOT of moisture and controls any and all frizzies. the only thing that concerns me about the product line is that they use so much protein (keratin - the strongest - and wheat germ protein), which i've found can make natural hair hard if if you don't watch out. i use it every once in awhile when i feel like my hair is in dire need of something completely moisturizing.

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I think the Breakfree container says to avoid getting it on new growth

[/ QUOTE ]

It says to avoid getting it on new growth when you are about to relax or retouch your hair. Other than that, its perfectly fine to use it on your new growth
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I think the Breakfree container says to avoid getting it on new growth

[/ QUOTE ]

It says to avoid getting it on new growth when you are about to relax or retouch your hair. Other than that, its perfectly fine to use it on your new growth
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok yeah.That is true.I just checked my tub.I still like Root Health better for my new growth than Breakfree though.I guess it depends on the person

I just received some samples in the mail and on the package it sttes what each product is best for. It includes their whole line and some of the products can be used for the same conditions. There are about 7 different problems and it tells which ones attack which problem

Back