Question about Profectiv Break Free & Healthy Ends

Crysdon

Are both Break Free and Healthy Ends filled with protein?

I just bought Profectiv's Break Free last night (haven't used it yet) and I used the Healthy Ends daily, and stopped using it daily after I noticed my hair starting to get a little brittle. I've been moisturizing a lot and my hair is back to normal. I use Healthy Ends once a week now.

Both products say it's for daily use, anyone having no problems using either daily?

I have heard of some people getting hard hair. If you still have the receipt take the other unused jar back to the store.

I used Profectiv products (the healthy ends formulation) when it was first introduced and noticed the same thing after a couple of days using it. It made my hair dry and hard. I tossed it.

I've noticed the same thing with Healthy Ends. I don't use it daily. I only use it occasionally.

I use Profectiv Healthy Ends every OTHER day, and I haven't had any problems. When I did use it every day, I got a product build-up problem and my hair got hard.
confused.gif
I used a clarifying shampoo, then switched to every OTHER day. Problem solved.
smile.gif

Re: Question about Profectiv Break Free & Healthy

Healthy ends tends to build up more on my hair so I don't use it as much. Case in point, I bought BreakFree and Healthy Ends at the same time and I'm scraping the last of the BF out now while the HE is still nearly full.

Did you use it on wet hair? When I first got BF/HE I was trying to follow the directions but when I used it on wet hair it made my hair too stiff. Now I only use on dry hair or if it is a LITTLE bit damp. I haven't been having any trouble with it now and I definitely use the BF daily (sometimes twice a day, but I don't glob it on, just enough to moisturize sufficiently)
smile.gif

Breakfree is,in my opinion,way better than Healthy ends in terms of how it makes my hair feel.I had a sample of Healthy ends and it made my hair feel hard after the first use.Breakfree somehow moisturizes way better for me and never leaves my hair hard.

I love Break-Free, but I've never tried the Healthy Ends. Doesn't give me hard hair at all.
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
Breakfree is,in my opinion,way better than Healthy ends in terms of how it makes my hair feel.I had a sample of Healthy ends and it made my hair feel hard after the first use.Breakfree somehow moisturizes way better for me and never leaves my hair hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Maybe I need to try Break Free because Healthy Ends did nothing for me.
frown.gif

i was wondering the same thing- is it too much for hair that's already strong?

My hair did not like the breakfree and I use the healthy end
occasionally on my hair.Root health works best for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you use it on wet hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it on dry hair. I can only use Mango Butter & a leave-in on wet/damp hair. For some reason, anything else I put on my wet/damp makes it go limp.
ohwell.gif

I just put my hair up into a ponytail and applied Break Free over the entire length. I really like the shine and moist feel of my edges. This one is a keeper, I'll give the rest of my Healthy Ends to my niece.

I use Healthy Ends on my ends before I bun it in the morning AND at night. I spray my hair with Worlds of Curls and mix the Healthy Ends with some ORS Olive Oil before I put it on. That may make a difference.

I have been doing this for about 3 weeks straight now and my hair is super soft and manageable from roots to ends with VERY LITTLE breakage when I come through it after washing and conditioning. I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe you should mix it with something else.

Just my $.02 . . ..

Back