Question about Porosity Control!

Porsche19

I’ve been using porosity control conditioner mixed with Aphogee 2 minute keratin conditioner and deep conditioning with it for 15 minutes with heat every month. I follow that with a moisturizing deep conditioner for 30 minutes.

In your opinion, does it make more sense to mix it with the protein conditioner or the moisturizing one?

Also, does anyone have a review of the shampoo?

Porsche19 said:
I’ve been using porosity control conditioner mixed with Aphogee 2 minute keratin conditioner and deep conditioning with it for 15 minutes with heat every month. I follow that with a moisturizing deep conditioner for 30 minutes.

In your opinion, does it make more sense to mix it with the protein conditioner or the moisturizing one?

Also, does anyone have a review of the shampoo?

I think to get the best job out of Porosity you have to use it seperately...
It's only supposed to stay in for 30 seconds...
The protein treatment is doing one thing while the protein treatment is doing something else...
You're basically cancelling out one product with another.

The Porosity is closing the pores while the protein treatment with heat is opening the pores to allow the shaft to open up and recieve the benefits of the protein...

Someone please correct me if I'm worng, but I think you should use the protein & heat first then seal up with the Porosity after... :ohwell:

Is that what porosity control does? Just closes the cuticles? Isn't there more to it than that?

That would mean that someone with really porous hair can just do a couple of acv rinses and be fine then... and that doesn't sound right to me.

I dunno. It has been working, just wanted to make sure that it makes sense.

Thanks for pointing that out Ashee.

I did it separately. Porosity Control also normalizes the PH of you hair....ACV might do that also, I don't know.

Porsche19 said:
Is that what porosity control does? Just closes the cuticles? Isn't there more to it than that?

That would mean that someone with really porous hair can just do a couple of acv rinses and be fine then... and that doesn't sound right to me.

I dunno. It has been working, just wanted to make sure that it makes sense.

Thanks for pointing that out Ashee.

It does have other qualities, but since you wanted to use it with heat, I just wanted to say that the processes would cancel themselves out basically.
:)

So mixing it with the moisturizing conditioner is a better option? Or for it to work best, should I use it after the moisturizing condtioner as an instant conditioner???

Porsche19 said:
So mixing it with the moisturizing conditioner is a better option? Or for it to work best, should I use it after the moisturizing condtioner as an instant conditioner???

I'm thinking after you deep con with the moisturizing con, use the Porosity for the time it states or up to 5 min (no heat)
At least to see how that effects your hair....

If one of the characteristics is to close the pores, use the Porosity after you've deep con to seal in even more moisture...

-HTH

Last edited:
I use it after I rinse my moisturizing conditioner out in the shower. As I am bathing I let the Porosity Control stay on my hair and then rinse out.

I used to mix the Porosity Control with my moisturizer (Elasta QP DPR-11) and had great results. Now I use it after moisturizing. Great results as well. I think the latter is better because I use it like an acidifier (close the cuticles) after moisturizing.

Do you use it regularly or as needed? If regularly, how often? TIA!

baglady215 said:
I used to mix the Porosity Control with my moisturizer (Elasta QP DPR-11) and had great results. Now I use it after moisturizing. Great results as well. I think the latter is better because I use it like an acidifier (close the cuticles) after moisturizing.

I got away from it, but my hair has been kind of dry lately so I plan on using it weekly with my "major" wash.

We have a thread about treatment for damage hair. You are to use a protein conditioner first and rinse, moisturizing conditioner and rinse and last you should apply the porosity control. I will try and bump the thread.

Back