Question about OILS

Leslie_C

I think there is a lot of contradicting information about oils and its confusing me...lol. Everyone always says that oils DONT moisturize, that they just lubricate. If thats the case then why does it matter what kind of oil u use(whether its olive,coconut,sesame,hot six oil, heck even cooking oil...hahaha
laugh.gif
)???

Also, a lot of articles speak of oils as been moisturizing, for example jojoba oil. and also many ppl like to use coconut oil as a moisturizer? Can oils be used in place of moisturizer or are they only to compliment them?

I use oils off and on to a great extent. I find that they lock in moisture once the hair has already been properly moisturized. Maybe someone can offer a better answer. I'd like to see what others have to say
smile.gif

I think certain oils have different properties (certain vitamins) that "fortify" hair and aid in strenghthening. Also, some oils are heavier or lighter than others.

Also some oils build up more than others and can clog up hair follicules. You always want to use more breathable oils and oils closest to those that the body naturally produces.

I stopped using moisturizers because they were drying my hair out! (weird huh?) I've been using Aveda's Anti-Humectant Pomade off and on for the last six or seven years. I don't need to use too much - just a little dab leaves my hair silky.

I also use Avocado oil on my ends after I wash my hair. I also mix this with the Aveda pomade too.

Back