Question about Nightly wrapping

daviine

For those who wrap their hair at night, can you please describe your procedure? I mean what products do you use ,if any, before or after you wrap the hair?

Thanks a lot.

I don't wrap everynight, but when I do I use a little pomade then I part and comb my hair around my head in one direction(if you have problems with the crown roll it onto a jumbo roller first. Then I tie a silk scarf around my hairline. After this I take one of those triangular hair nets and put this over my wrapped hair(slightly twisting it in the direction I wrapped my hair with some tention to smooth my hair down even more).I then secure it in the front. I follow this one with another hairnet tied in the back(don't twist this one). I leave my hair wrapped until I'm ready to leave the house in the morning. If it's raining I'll just put a cap over this and remove it when I get to work.

I don't wrap my hair every night because I hardly wear my hair down and/or straight. Here's a link to a page from my website on wrapping. HTH. Wrapping Hair Of course, it's not me, but it shows how I wrap my own hair.

Allandra,

You said "my website". I didn't know you had a hair website. Now you know a fanatic like me would have loved to see it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif By the way, that's an excellent page for wrapping.

Thank you guys for replying. Allandra --I don't wear my hair down either but..... I am following Marvin's suggestions to wrap my hair so I needed to refresh my memory.

Thanks Hairfanatic. If you view my profile, it'll show you my website address. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Allandra,

I went to your site and that really was a wonderful thing to do. Your setup is nice and I really like the way you listed your products and routine. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've been wrapping my hair for over 7 years now i can do it in the dark! I apply organic carot oil at the sides of my hair and the back of my nape and proceed to wrap my hair then i put a little hair oil { botanicals by soft and beautiful} and put my satin scarf on.This is done every night my hair is so trained there is not need for a curling iron. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

That looks so easy, yet my hair just don't cooperate... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have a question.. Look at Pane#1 ok, she has a part down the middle right, next pane she smoothingI assume from the part over Now look at Pane#4 how does she have that part in the side (back).

Is she doing sections???

I swear, I wanna learn to do this..

ALLANDRA , Thank you for posting that chart /images/graemlins/up.gif

I printed it off and taped it to my bathroom mirror and have been practicing, and it is really working for me. I did'nt understand how she was parting but I kept at it and it looks, great, in fact this morning I was soooo, tempted to wear it wrapped to work! But I knew it was gonna fall so it took it down....

THANKS /images/graemlins/cool.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Allandra said:
I don't wrap my hair every night because I hardly wear my hair down and/or straight. Here's a link to a page from my website on wrapping. HTH. Wrapping Hair Of course, it's not me, but it shows how I wrap my own hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Allandra...I also use the roller in the crown, but I wrap a little differently...this way looks like it would cause less stress on the sides. I'll have to try this technique this evening... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sweetcocoa,

You're welcome. This is the only way that I've ever wrapped my hair. I've heard people talk about other ways, but they all sound pretty confusing to me. I just stick to what I've seen done at the salon, and it works for me. This is also how Jocelyn (a member at LHL back then) used to wrap her hair (minus the roller on top). Most of the time, I do not use the roller on the top.

ngaa said:
what is the roller on top supposed to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

ngaa, I'm sitting here chuckling. I love your innocence. /images/graemlins/smile.gif The roller is placed on top sometimes because the crown portion of the hair is hard to wrap in a circular motion. Personally, I have to use it, cause I just can't wrap that portion of my hair. hth

thanx, it aint innocence armyqt, its plain ole ignorance /images/graemlins/grin.gif seriusly tho i hadn't hed or seen the wrap till i joined hair clubs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa said:
what is the roller on top supposed to do?

[/ QUOTE ]
For some, it makes it easier to wrap.

It also give some height and body to the style. Ever sinc /images/graemlins/grin.gife she posted this I've been wrappin like crazy..

Back