Question about micro lacing...

Soul♥Flower

I like the way this style looksd, but I know that in my area the braiders use nail glue to seal the ends. I was wondering if anyone who had this style had any trouble when they removed the braids.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! We call them tree braids in my area. I got them and they destroyed my hair. I think my mistake was getting them with already fragile hair. My braider used microbraids around the edges and what a mess when I took them out! She also did not corn row past my natural hair, so when I cut them out I cut my hair:mad: . Basically, I had to cut and start over after removing them.

I am not saying don't get them, but make sure your hairline is strong enough to withstand the micros/cornrows they will use as the basis for lacing, and make sure your braider braids the underlying braids well past your natural hair before knotting it. Likewise, DO NOT let anyone use glue anywhere in your hair. It can be secured by tying it in a knot. Finally, make sure you take really good care of your hair while it is braided. There are several good threads on how to do this on the forum.

One more thing...you may want to consider trying thicker, individual braids as a protective style instead of the micro lacing. HTH!!

FYI, depending on where you are from, tree braids and lacing are two different things.

Back