Question about hair care for babies

hawaiianhoney

Okay, I know I'm on a question roll tonight, but please bear with me. I have 2 little girls, one who's almost 2 and the other is 3 1/2 months. Both seem to have hair type 3C, like mine, but my baby's hair seems dry. I am dying to put something in it, but I think she's too young. Baby oil is WAY too heavy, so I was thinking of putting some of the African Royale Hot 6 oil in her hair that I use in mine and my older daughter's hair. Any thoughts?

grin.gif
bump for HH many of the ladies have kids and im sure they can help congradulations on your new baby girl
clap.gif
dance7.gif

I don't have kids, but I would be worried about putting "herby" ingredients on a baby. How about plain jojoba oil on damp hair?

I use Parnevu Leave-In conditioner as a daily moisturizer for my 2-year old daughter's hair. It detangles her hair and leaves it very moisturized.

Hawaiianhoney, My son has I think 3b/c (10months old). He has very tight ringlets and a lot of it. I notice after two days his hair gets very dry and oils weigh his hair down (DI water w. jojoba oil). I use Avalon Mint Thyme shampoo and conditioner which is great. I ran out so now I am using the gerber shampoo which has a good amount of moisturizing agents and then I actually put Suave aromatherapy green tea conditioner and it leaves his hair super soft and moisturized. I use one of those bath visors to keep any conditioner from getting in his face.

Is Elucence to chemically? I have a 2 month old but her hair is manageable at this point. I was thinking of using the shampoo. I too second the jojoba oil.

Miosy, that sounds like my baby's hair. Lots of little tight ringlets and when you pull them out, they look like little springs. Where did you buy the bath visor and the shampoo and conditioner you mentioned? I was just about to post a question about what shampoo I could use on her hair because when I looked on the ingredients list of the shampoo I use on her now (Baby Magic Extra Gentle Foaming Shampoo), I realized that it has the same ingredient (SLS) that dries my hair as well. And I had to stop using it on my older daughter because it dried her hair too.

Thanks!

Just make sure whatever shampoo you use has no formaldehyde in it. Johnson&Johnson baby shampoo reportedly does

Back