Question About Dominican Blowout

sunnydey

Hi ladies!
wave.gif

For those of you that have relaxed hair and have had the Dominican blowout, do you believe that it is damaging to your hair? If so, how often do you recommend that one should have a blowout? Is every two weeks too often? Or maybe just once every four weeks? I would like to hear you guys opinions on the blowout.

I have only had it once but would like to have it done to my hair again. I loved the way my hair looked and felt. My biggest concern is to NOT cause any unnecessary breakage, shedding nor damage to my hair.

I am looking forward to all of your responses.

TIA,
sunnydey
"Happy healthy-growing hair to everyone."
rosebud.gif

Yes doing this consistently is damaging to your hair. The blow dryers are so hot it is damaging and can thin your hair out. Take it from me. I go weekly. But I have learned to not let them blow my hair out all the time. If I have a fresh perm and for about 3 or 4 weeks after my touchup I just go and have them wash, set and wrap my hair. If it is near touch up time I then have them blow the roots ONLY and not my hair all the way down to my ends. Then I have them wrap it. I don't think that is too damaging when I do it this way. I am trying to wean myself off of going weekly as I haven't been in 2 weeks. But I am so lazy with doing my hair and its only $15 here in NY that its just so easy to go and get it done. HTH

ITA. I think it is pretty damaging, unless you do it occasionally. I actually prefer having only my roots blown out, because I enjoy my curls; however, even that is too much direct heat, imo, so I try to do it only every so often. If you can, how about getting it done every other visit, rather than every visit (so if you go every week, every other week, or if you go every 2 week, then blow-out once a month--I think once a month is clearly best, if you can deal with it
smile.gif
)? HTH
smile.gif

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I will just have the blowout done once a month ( or every four weeks) just to be on the safe side. Thanks again!

BUMP for anyone else interested in commenting.

Back