Question about coloring

hairIAM

I colored my hair in June with a permanent Texture and Tones honey blonde. Now I have about 2-3 inches of black roots and now I just want dark hair again. My hair is in good condition because I have been conditioning it very good. My question is if I use a black permanent or semi-permanent dye, do I have to add a little bit of red dye to keep my hair from having a green tint to it?:confused: I remember back in high school , I had honey blonde hair, dyed it black and ended up with an ugly green tint. A friend of mine said I should of added a little bit of red dye to the black, because black and blonde = GREEN . Is this true?? Does anyone have any experience with this???

TIA

I haven't had personal experience with that.
But I heard the same thing, that you should dye your hair red before going dark to prevent your hair going green or khaki.

My cousin did that when she tried to dye her hair from blonde back to black. It turned green. So then she dyed it brown first and then put black on top of it. But her hair was probably an inch long at the time so she kept it covered up.

Back