Question about color...

...I'm considering putting a rinse in my hair (getting my hairdresser to do it, anyway). I don't know the proper name of the color that i intend to get but i can describe it as a very deep, purple-ish hue. Almost the shade of a plum. Maybe that's the name of it plum purple, i dunno. My question is, since my hair is already a dark brown, do you think that it will show up clearly as it should? A friend of mine siad that I'd have to get my hair a lighter color THEN do the darker one. I'm not so cool with putting that much stuff in my hair. :ohwell: Can any of you ladies give me any tips as to what I should do or expect?

I wanted to get a rinse a couple of weeks ago but because I wasn't sure on how it would come out I didn't get it. The stylist said the color would come out a copper like a penny. That comment kind of turned me off from getting it. But I will probably go back and try it. Because it is safer than dye. Right?

Hmm... you can go either way I think, you could use Affirm Moisturcolor it has a dark brownish plum shade. More plum than brown. Or, now that I remember, I got a gorgeous purply plum tint a few years back with Sebastians cellophane in Red Wine. But if you wanted to go brighter later I'd use Affirm's lightener then get a cellophane. I highly recomend Affirm's color products since it didn't wreak havoc on my hair like another brand by L' Oreal did. Just don't let a SHS chop your bra strap length hair to brushing the shoulder claiming she thinks its too damaged, ( Just needed a trim) like mine did awhile back:cool: .

Back