Question About Braiding Hair...

Sincerely_Ciara

I just decided to put my hair in individual braids with extensions next week. I am going to follow the C&G method. I love how detailed Robin's website is! That had to take hard work and dedication to do that.
Anyways, what hair can I use that will curl at the ends (with the help of rollers and hot water)? I want my braids to have a curly look and I am not sure If kanakelon (sp?) will curl but if any of you know what kind I can use besides human hair it would be appreciated!

Thanks, Ciara

I use yaki hair and it curls at the ends as well without me having to do the roller/hot water thing. I like it because it is easy to braid, easy to take out, and it usually keeps that curl for as long as I have the braids. HTH.

i used the kanekalon (sp?). i washed it in vinegar. i didn't roll the ends but i dipped them in hot water. the results were just ok to me. now i have yaky pony toyokalon. the ends are already curled. more bent than a full curl. but i bought a brand that is so smooth, my braids are unraveling. i wear it in a pony all the time so you don't really notice it. but how annoying is that?

i didn't wash the yaky pony like i did the first kanekalon, maybe thats why the smoothness is causing them to unravel...

Back