question about biosilk

MWilson569

I was in my nail salon waiting to get my eye brows done and reading a magazine when I came across this article about biosilk. It stated that biosilk -- ( I forgot which kind of biosilk..im guessing some sort of reconstructor) permanantly reconstructs the hair with its silk proteins. I found that pretty interesting. Do all reconstructors permanantly reconstructs the hair??? and..for those who use biosilk what is your opinion of this product. Do you notice a significant difference in your hair when you use it??? The article I read made this product seem like the best thing since sliced bread..but I trust the opinions of my fellow LHCF member rather than a magazine article. thanks -Melissa

I luv, luv, luv it!! I use biosilk silk therapy (clear)on my hair pretty consistently as a light moisturizer, usually to provide a little shine. I also use it as a leave-in conditioner when blow-drying my hair. I got this trick from my stylist, who introduced me to it...My hair is definitely has slip and silky-smooth appearance after use; I sometimes use the 'poo and conditioner too, but as for completely reconstructing my hair...i don't know. You should definitely try it for yourself!! The 'poo can be drying, but the conditioner is banging.

I have used the fruit cocktail reconstructor before and it was nice. I dont know where you live but the costcos in la are selling a lot of biosilk products

I have the silk therapy shampoo, conditioner and serum. The only thing I've used so far is the silk therapy and it's expensive (45.99 CND for 11.6oz) but there is nothing like it, a must have for flat ironers. It's like liquid silk in a bottle, and that's what it makes my hair look and feel like! And you only need to use a tiny bit, I love it.

One of my girl friend uses biosilk on her natural hair and she loves it. She got her hair pressed and it lasted 3 weeks before she needed it done again. Another one of my friends used it on her relaxed hair and her hair was really silky and bouncy.
Personally I use the silk therapy on my natural hair while I'm straightening it and it works wonders. I have less flyaways and it keep my hair smooth with the lil shine. It's very light and does not weight the hair down at all.

How does it compare to the generic version (from Sally's?) I tried it and I wasnt thrilled...I though I had done something wrong. But the ingredients on the bottle were exactly the same....

How does it compare to the generic version (from Sally's?) I tried it and I wasnt thrilled...I thought I had done something wrong. But the ingredients on the bottle were exactly the same....

I love Biosilk Silk Therapy. I used it on my natural hair to blowdry, and It came out wonderful. It was smooth and sleek! Although its expensive you don't need a lot of it at all. My hair was very shiny and moisturized when I was done.

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
I have the silk therapy shampoo, conditioner and serum. The only thing I've used so far is the silk therapy and it's expensive (45.99 CND for 11.6oz) but there is nothing like it, a must have for flat ironers. It's like liquid silk in a bottle, and that's what it makes my hair look and feel like! And you only need to use a tiny bit, I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its very expensive eh? I bought some at this hair salon in Square One and I paid like 14.50 plus tax, and it WAS ON SALE
shocked.gif
the bottle is only 50mL. It looks like one of those travel size products you see in the dollar store or drug store.

Have any of you that like the Biosilk Silk Therapy tried the Sally Beauty Supply generic version, and if you have how do the two compare?

I only have the conditioner and a sample of the silk leave in. The conditioner is awesome, i used some today after an aphogee treatment(which stank soo bad!!) but the silk condtioner kept my hair soft(I sat under the dryer for 5 minutes)

I have the silk therapy but it's collecting dust because I don't blow-dry or flat-iron!! Does anyone use it on their rollersets?? Maybe I'll try it that way...
scratchchin.gif

I use it on my roller sets and it comes out great, i love it because im trying to stretch out my relaxer and it makes my hair soo easy to comb thru

I have used the generic brand of silk thrapy from Sally's and I really didn't see that big of a difference. I will continue to get the generic brand as long as its cheaper and of quality.

i have used the silk theraphy and it is very good. i haven't tried the reconstructor but i have heard that it is good. i know it is very creamy which is always a plus for my hair. the people that make biosilk also make deep brillance.

[ QUOTE ]
Cindy70 said:
Does anyone feel that the SD Alcohol in the Silk Therapy Treatment to be drying to their hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Silk Therapy is very nice, but, yes, I found the SD Alcohol to be drying over the long haul. I gave it up for that reason. There are many wonderful serums out there that don't contain SD Alcohol, and I would choose one of those instead of Silk Therapy.

I use to have the Fruit Cocktail cond.? It smelled like bubblegum but didnt do anything for my hair so I gave it away.

Back