*Question about Aloe Vera Gel...

Sweet_Ambrosia

What's the best moisturizing aloe vera gel?

I've read that some aloe vera gels can dry out your hair if you dont mix it with some kind of oil. What brand of aloe vera gel would you recommend that will moisturize your hair w/o weighing it down?

TIA~

I've been using CVS brand 100% aloe vera gel. It contains no alchol/fragrance and costs only $2.99 for 6oz tube. Apparently, its supposed to be a skin moisturizer for sunburn etc, but it works great for my NG and my daughter's natural hair. However, I do also use it on my face as a moisturizer. If you can find some it's worth a try as it's not much of an investment.

I think as long as it is 100% Aloe Gel and nothing else added you will be ok
I use Fruit of the Earth.

i use FOTE too. can be found at walmart and other grocery stores. the ones used for sunburn are usually not 100% aloe vera gel. i mix mine with shea butter to make shealoe butter

I use NO-AD on my face and on my braidouts. It really works for me, although it is hard to find.

The Aloe gel that you are all using...is it the one that can also be ingested?? Or just the cosmetic one(s)?

Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel dried out my hair because it is NOT all natural. The one that I use mixed with shea butter for my hair or alone on my face is Lily of the Desert & it is edible
11916854.jpg

MeccaMedinah said:
Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel dried out my hair because it is NOT all natural. The one that I use mixed with shea butter for my hair or alone on my face is Lily of the Desert & it is edible
11916854.jpg

ive been looking for lily of the desert. where can i find it?

toosexy1 said:
ive been looking for lily of the desert. where can i find it?

I have found it at any health food store. If you feel safe with online shopping you can do a search & a bunch of sites come up.

Thanks for the replies. The one I had seen was Lily of the desert but wasn't sure if I should get one that was edible or one that was cosmetic. After my Jason one runs out I'll get that one.

Back