Queen Helene

napgurl

I've just started using the Queen Helene garlic shampoo. It stopped shedding in its tracks. Each time followed up with a Queen Helene cholesterol treatment. My hair is strong yet moisturised. Are there any other Queen fans out there?

i bought and use the garlic poo since i started using Mega-Tek and I have NO SHEDDING but normal 4-5 strands.

I've just started using the Queen Helene garlic shampoo. It stopped shedding in its tracks. Each time followed up with a Queen Helene cholesterol treatment. My hair is strong yet moisturised. Are there any other Queen fans out there?

MAAAAAAANNNN. I asked about this shampoo. I was about to buy it, but it didn't have a conditioner and I didn't know if it worked well. I'm getting it this weekend.:grin:I love the cholesterol treatment.

The cholesterol treatment is da bizness! :grin: It has saved my hair on so many occasions when I felt like chopping it off. I'll have to try the garlic shampoo too cause I shed something serious:wallbash:

i used to hate this brand, because they make the evil cholesterol... but i'm in LOVE with the garlic shampoo!

i also love all their facial scrubs and masks. my favorite ones are the mint julep masque, and the cocoa butter exfoliating scrub :lick: ooh and also the vitamin C and honey peel-off masque :yep:

the formaldehyded cholesterol is still a no-go for me, though! i mean, how are they gonna put sulfates in a dang conditioner? :ohwell:

Question....Does this garlic shampoo....
  1. Make your hair dry?
  2. Make your hair smell?
  3. I have relaxed hair is this good for relaxed hair? I don't want damage.

Love, love, love the cholesterol. It will be my staple for life:yep: The mint julep mask is nice too:yep: I've never had issues with shedding (except for when I had a scalp infection) so I never used any of the garlic products.

Question....Does this garlic shampoo....
  1. Make your hair dry?
  2. Make your hair smell?
  3. I have relaxed hair is this good for relaxed hair? I don't want damage.

no, it doesn't make your hair excessively dry. it's sort of like a light, clarifying shampoo. you will need to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

and it has a pleasant smell. you can faintly smell a hint of garlic, but it definitely woudln't come off on your hair. i like it :yep:

and i'm relaxed, i don't see how it could hurt relaxed hair any worse than any other shampoo.

THOSE WHO HAVE SAA:
try adding it to this shampoo! it makes the shampooing experience nicer, and makes my hair come out silky :grin:

The QH Jojoba hot oil treatment is great. It has jojoba and keratin amino acids in it.

I know someone who had a HORRIBLE experience with this oil. Her hair was dry dry dry and brittle for a long time. It goes to show how much each person's hair is different!

Any conditioner's with garlic in it and with equally good results?
I'm too afraid to use shampoo. Last time I did, my hair was so hard and dry I almost cried in the shower.

Any conditioner's with garlic in it and with equally good results?
I'm too afraid to use shampoo. Last time I did, my hair was so hard and dry I almost cried in the shower.

can't answer about the conditioners, but i'm sorry that happened to you!

what kind of shampoo was it?
how much did you use?
how were you shampooing?

you only need to apply a couple dabs of shampoo to your scalp, and not at all to your hair. the hair will get cleaned just by the shampoo rinsing out of your hair. also, following up with a very moisturizing conditioner, after using ANY shampoo, is a good idea.

I so want to try the garlic shampoo. I have crazy shedding. I do use the QH cocoa butter facial scrub and love it. :)

couple of more questions....

does the shampoo make your hair super tangled????

what do you use to detangle after you shampoo???

QH condish?? if so which one???

Thanks for sharing this information Pookie. I will try and find it today. You think that sharing. Can this item be purchased at Sallys

no, it doesn't make your hair excessively dry. it's sort of like a light, clarifying shampoo. you will need to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

and it has a pleasant smell. you can faintly smell a hint of garlic, but it definitely woudln't come off on your hair. i like it :yep:

and i'm relaxed, i don't see how it could hurt relaxed hair any worse than any other shampoo.

THOSE WHO HAVE SAA:
try adding it to this shampoo! it makes the shampooing experience nicer, and makes my hair come out silky :grin:

Great idea. I have SAA and will be adding it. Thanks.

couple of more questions....

does the shampoo make your hair super tangled????

what do you use to detangle after you shampoo???

QH condish?? if so which one???

QH cholesterol conditioner. Just ask for it at the BSS. Its cheap but very good.

can't answer about the conditioners, but i'm sorry that happened to you!

what kind of shampoo was it?
how much did you use?
how were you shampooing?

you only need to apply a couple dabs of shampoo to your scalp, and not at all to your hair. the hair will get cleaned just by the shampoo rinsing out of your hair. also, following up with a very moisturizing conditioner, after using ANY shampoo, is a good idea.

It was a moisturizer poo from Pantene for relaxed or natural hair (something like that)
I didn't use much cuz I was nervous and had diluted it with water. I tried another one (Burt's bees moisturizing raspberry something poo) and the minute it touched my hair, my hair contracted (it seemed)
I was my hair in braids

I always DC and that day I remember I used Miss Keys 10 en 1 and nothing helped that time. So I just avoid shampoo all together...

Back