QOD GOLD BKT VS. QOD MAX?? comparisons please

blessed7777

Can anyone give me comparisons of these two BKT brands? I have used QOD MAX and loved the results but I hear QOD GOLD is the best? I don't want to pay the higher price for QOD GOLD if I don't have to so please help ladies :)

thank you for starting this post i was wondering the same thing, ill be doing my first BKT soon and i would like to know as well.

On page 172 of the keratin support thread comparisons are made of the QOD max &gold.. good luck with your treatment :)

It appears max is better overall

Hi Blessed777.
I have natural 4b hair and I have used both QOD Max and QOD Gold. I used QOD MAX for my first 2 BKT treatments. Then used QOD Gold for my 3rd BKT treatment. With QOD Max, I got more curl definition... with QOD Gold my curls hung down.

This is my curl pattern after QOD MAX.
237.jpg

This is my hair after QOD gold
299.jpg

I can now get my hair totally straight with just a roller set no heat in 45 minutes. Below is a roller set ( No heat) after my 3rd QOD treatment.
305.jpg

This is what it looks like flat ironed now. I have never been able to get it this straight and shiny until QOD Gold.
324.jpg

Hope this helps.
Melissa

I've only used QOD Gold - not max. The other brand used was Marcia Advanced. I preferred GOD Gold. You should search the Keratin thread (if its working...)

Blessed777,

I've done both treatments and I definitely got smoother results with QOD MAX. QOD Gold makes my hair feel wonderful but it didn't get my hair straight enough. I love them both, but I keep going back to QOD Max and it is now my HG BKT. :)

HTH!

Back