Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream

LaBelleLL

Does anyone know if Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream contains water?? If there's no water, can this product still be considered as a moisturizer?

My friend insists that for something to be a moisturizer, it must have water. I've been using been using Jane Carter Nourish & Shine on my ends; there's no water in it. She says that I haven't been technically moisturizing my ends. Is this true?

There's water in it, 3rd ingredient. I am of the mindset that it has to have water in it, preferably within the top 3, to be a good moisturizer. I think water is the only true moisturizer for hair.

IA. Water is the 3rd ingredient after castor oil and olive oil. Personally, I mist my hair with water before applying QB AOHC. I believe it can be a moisturizer (albeit a thick one). This is taken from their website.

A perfect all-in-one for moisturizing and softening afro's, coils, curls, pony puffs, two strand twists, braids, cornrows, fades, chemical and color processes, softening new growth and restoring softness and elasticity to dry brittle ends. Also helps weigh down kinks and coils.

Use as a:

Soothing and regenerative scalp butter
Post-shampoo conditioner
Overnight Deep Treatment
Moisturizing daily leave-in
Replenishing body butter

Evenly distribute a small to moderate amount through dry or slightly damp hair.

Oh, yes!

It's an excellent moisturizer. I just found that it works best on dampened hair, which is why I'm looking into natural hair milks (with water as the first ingredient) to add to my regimen. I want something that's easier to apply and has the ultimate moisturizer --water! :rolleyes:--at the top of the ingredient list. :yep:

I don't think most oils are necessarily "moisturizers", with the exception of olive oil and coconut oil, which can penetrate the hair shaft. Other oils are more nourishing to the hair and seal in the moisture that's already on the hair shaft.

Water is the ultimate moisturizer so if it doesn't contain water, i will NOT call it a moisturizer.

Should be the first thing you see on the ingredient list.

Oh, yes!

It's an excellent moisturizer. I just found that it works best on dampened hair, which is why I'm looking into natural hair milks (with water as the first ingredient) to add to my regimen. I want something that's easier to apply and has the ultimate moisturizer --water! :rolleyes:--at the top of the ingredient list. :yep:

I don't think most oils are necessarily "moisturizers", with the exception of olive oil and coconut oil, which can penetrate the hair shaft. Other oils are more nourishing to the hair and seal in the moisture that's already on the hair shaft.

IA. I'm looking at the KBB Hair Milk or Shescentit's Jojoba Milk to fill this void in my regimen.

What about the Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream? It is very moisturizing and the first ingredient is distilled water.

Back