Qhemet Amla & Olive Users Step Inside....

pinayprincess

Hey!

I just got the heavy cream in the mail and used it just as instructed: On damp hair and I don't know how I feel about it...
How are you guys using it?
Is your hair natural or relaxed? I did notice it was oil based. And it did leave little white specs of conditioner in my hair. Hmmm.
I didn't get much slip either...
What's the best way to use this?

Ranika

i use it and i love it. I mix it in with eleunce conditioner, oyin shea butter, and some other qhemets conditioning

White specs? :confused: Never had that issue :nono: .....but to answer your question I use it on 90% air dried hair.....in fact I *just* finished two-strand twisting my hair with it and I sealed my ends with castor oil. My hair turned out pretty good but it would look even better if I had some serious length. :look: I can't wait to get to BSL. :ohwell:

No pics til the end of next month. :look:

pinayprincess said:
Hey!

I just got the heavy cream in the mail and used it just as instructed: On damp hair and I don't know how I feel about it...
How are you guys using it?
Is your hair natural or relaxed? I did notice it was oil based. And it did leave little white specs of conditioner in my hair. Hmmm.
I didn't get much slip either...
What's the best way to use this?

Ranika

You're relaxed right? I think relaxed people use it on their ends or edges or to soften their new growth. It's a moisturizer not a detangler, so you probably won't get any slip from it. For that, try the olive cream. I never got white specks either, maybe you need to comb or brush it through. I'm natural.

I spray my ends with Dove replenishing mist, then use the amla and olive cream to seal the moisture in. I also use it on my edges, especially my nape. It keeps them soft and laid down.

I'm now textlaxed and I have used it on natural hair as well. I've used it as a moisturizer on both and it works wonders. Sorry it isn't working for you :look:

maybe it's because i used it when my hair was pretty much sopping wet, with conditioner in it. :D i will try it again. i really want to like this product! i'll try it tomorrow when my hair is 80% airdried. thanks for all the responses.
btw, i am natural.

Yeah, give it a chance when you are at least 60% dry. It is one of the best moisturizers I've used. As a matter of fact its time for me to reorder :lol:

Back