putting rinses in your hair

Iamnotmyhair

Hello All,

I was wondering how often you can put a rinse in your hair? I like my hair jet black and have started doing rinses. I wanted to do one every two weeks (because they are safer than dye jobs) but it of course rinses out when I wash my hair so I want to do one every week but I am worried about the effects. Any suggestions???

thanxs in advance:)

This is about the umpt time I'm posting this so please forgave me for repeating myself but have you considered using henna instead of chemical color? I am relaxed, with about 30 percent grey mostly in the front and henna colors, conditions and strengthens my hair like da bomb. Whenever some asks about color, I feel a moral obligation to at least mention henna as an option worth considering, especially since it is so good for relaxed hair. It is permanent red color that can be mixed with indigo ("black henna") for a wide range of colors from blue black to bright red.

I never used or even considered using chemical dyes so I can't help you there -- I refuse to use chemical dyes 'cause they're just too damaging and you have to keep applying them as new growth comes in, thus repeating the damaging cycle. Whereas with henna, I can apply every week to keep up with the color and not worry about damage; indeed, it conditions and glosses my hair as well as maintains my deep reddish brownish mahogany color on my black hairs and a reddish gold on my grey hair. The only time I lay off is two weeks before touchup and two weeks after, then I'm back to my weekly henna treatments such that I hardly use shampoo anymore. Just henna and apply deep conditioner after. Simple and beautiful! Indded, there some ladies on this board who specifically henna before and after touchups with great results so there may not even be reason to lay off at touchup time!

If you're interested, below are a couple of links to threads on this board for henna ladies as well as a link to the "henna for hair" websit that helped me understand that henna is an excellent colorant, conditioner and "secret weapon" for awesme relaxed hair. . . .

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ad.php?t=87256

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ighlight=henna

http://www.hennaforhair.com/

Iamnotmyhair said:
Hello All,

I was wondering how often you can put a rinse in your hair? I like my hair jet black and have started doing rinses. I wanted to do one every two weeks (because they are safer than dye jobs) but it of course rinses out when I wash my hair so I want to do one every week but I am worried about the effects. Any suggestions???

thanxs in advance:)

Hey Iamnotmyhair i hear you i loooove jet black hair so much that i do my rinses every 3 weeks lol at one point i did every 2 weeks cause i love it but i notice my color did not fade when i compared 2-3 weeks the more i did the more the hair became softer and manageable but i use the Bigen blue black or oriental black it s not too messy and easy to apply but one box is not enough for me:mad: i need 2.

Neroli said:
This is about the umpt time I'm posting this so please forgave me for repeating myself but have you considered using henna instead of chemical color? I am relaxed, with about 30 percent grey mostly in the front and henna colors, conditions and strengthens my hair like da bomb. Whenever some asks about color, I feel a moral obligation to at least mention henna as an option worth considering, especially since it is so good for relaxed hair. It is permanent red color that can be mixed with indigo ("black henna") for a wide range of colors from blue black to bright red.

I never used or even considered using chemical dyes so I can't help you there -- I refuse to use chemical dyes 'cause they're just too damaging and you have to keep applying them as new growth comes in, thus repeating the damaging cycle. Whereas with henna, I can apply every week to keep up with the color and not worry about damage; indeed, it conditions and glosses my hair as well as maintains my deep reddish brownish mahogany color on my black hairs and a reddish gold on my grey hair. The only time I lay off is two weeks before touchup and two weeks after, then I'm back to my weekly henna treatments such that I hardly use shampoo anymore. Just henna and apply deep conditioner after. Simple and beautiful! Indded, there some ladies on this board who specifically henna before and after touchups with great results so there may not even be reason to lay off at touchup time!

If you're interested, below are a couple of links to threads on this board for henna ladies as well as a link to the "henna for hair" websit that helped me understand that henna is an excellent colorant, conditioner and "secret weapon" for awesme relaxed hair. . . .

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ad.php?t=87256

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ighlight=henna

http://www.hennaforhair.com/

Hey Neroli the henna seems interesting. i always been tempted but i m scared of the hair turning green i need to read more into it thanks for the info i want to know if it s not too messy and what products you cant use with it i m read all your info thanks chica;) :p

ekomba said:
Hey Neroli the henna seems interesting. i always been tempted but i m scared of the hair turning green i need to read more into it thanks for the info i want to know if it s not too messy and what products you cant use with it i m read all your info thanks chica;) :p

Hi Ekomba, your hair is da BOMB and a natural inspiration for all 4bs like me! Pun intended . . .

There has been so much mis-information out there about henna that I don't know where to start. The key with henna is to use "body art quality" or BAQ henna on hair (this is the kind used to paint skin and is the purest.) This "green hair" phenomenon occurs if the henna is mixed with other stuff. I believe the bad rap henna received in the west has been because the henna use to be mixed with all kinds of other dyes, chemicals etc. (you know western culture, can't leave nature alone!) and so a lot of bad results occured and add to that it's a lil bit more inconvenient and time consuming (again western culture gotta have it now, gotta have quick, don't matter that its DAMAGING so long it's "nice and easy!) everyone just turned their backs on this gold mine for hair. Asian, Indian and Africa ladies been covering up grey and conditioning with henna for thousands of years, so how come it just started being so bad for hair? I guess just since Clairol came along about 50 years ago (LOL!)

I have relaxed hair and use henna with awesome results. I still use all the same products that I've used before, didn't have to change a thing, so long as the henna is BAQ. As a natural, it's probably even MORE safe for you to use but alot of relaxed ladies finding their way to henna as a safe coloring alternative. HTH!

Neroli said:
Hi Ekomba, your hair is da BOMB and a natural inspiration for all 4bs like me! Pun intended . . .

There has been so much mis-information out there about henna that I don't know where to start. The key with henna is to use "body art quality" or BAQ henna on hair (this is the kind used to paint skin and is the purest.) This "green hair" phenomenon occurs if the henna is mixed with other stuff. I believe the bad rap henna received in the west has been because the henna use to be mixed with all kinds of other dyes, chemicals etc. (you know western culture, can't leave nature alone!) and so a lot of bad results occured and add to that it's a lil bit more inconvenient and time consuming (again western culture gotta have it now, gotta have quick, don't matter that its DAMAGING so long it's "nice and easy!) everyone just turned their backs on this gold mine for hair. Asian, Indian and Africa ladies been covering up grey and conditioning with henna for thousands of years, so how come it just started being so bad for hair? I guess just since Clairol came along about 50 years ago (LOL!)

I have relaxed hair and use henna with awesome results. I still use all the same products that I've used before, didn't have to change a thing, so long as the henna is BAQ. As a natural, it's probably even MORE safe for you to use but alot of relaxed ladies finding their way to henna as a safe coloring alternative. HTH!

Oh thank you Neroli:grin: wow i learned something new today i was so afraid of the hair turning green that s the image i had in my mind. then i was confused with the hennalucent lol ok so you have to buy the henna for body art ahhhhhhh ok that s the one you using right i m go to the other thread to see where s the links to get the good ones i would love to try it but i would not know where to start i never henna 'd before lol i m look into it thanks for the explanation!:D

ekomba said:
Oh thank you Neroli:grin: wow i learned something new today i was so afraid of the hair turning green that s the image i had in my mind. then i was confused with the hennalucent lol ok so you have to buy the henna for body art ahhhhhhh ok that s the one you using right i m go to the other thread to see where s the links to get the good ones i would love to try it but i would not know where to start i never henna 'd before lol i m look into it thanks for the explanation!:D

Girl, I hear you, I researched henna for months before trying it 'cause I had the same fears you do now. I did several "harvest tests" before actually doing my hair. I harvested the hair from my comb and use it as a test run with henna. Happy reseraching . . .

Back