Put Me On The Right Track! Please!

phyl73

I am new to the forum and have recently decided to go natural. Well were do I start. I use to have very thick hair as a child, but now my hair is thin, shoulder length, and see through in the back. The very bottom of my hair looks as if I shave it. I do not. I am currently wearing a sow-in weave and have had it for about 2 weeks. Last night, I conditioned with Humectress ultimate moisturizing conditioner ( I left it on for about 20 minutes)and then shampooed with moisturizing shampoo. I then rubbed on some Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream, tied a satin scarf on and sat under the dryer for 40 minutes. After I got out, I applied carrot oil and put the scarf back on and went to sleep. It was smooth and a bit wavy this morning. Am I on the right track? What am I missing? What should I add and take away? I also take vitamins daily, but more for my body than my hair. Please feel free to give me any advice that you think will help make my hair grow in the back. I want to wear an up-do, but from behind it looks crazy!

I don't have much to add, but I wanted to stop in and say welcome. I personally take the less is more approach, so that sounds like a WHOLE LOT to me:ohwell:, but there are ladies here who do that plus more.:yep: I give details of my routine in my journal, but everyone does different things around here.
Good luck. I suggest reading old threads and using the search feature until someone more helpful sees this thread. Sorry I can't help you more.

Welcome on board lady:hiya:
I don't understand your regimen well, can you tell us more about your regimen?
washing frequency and methods, products used, you're just talking about what you did when you washed your hair in weave but how do you usually treat your hair?

Last edited:
Welcome home! You are sure to get all you need right here! :yep: :drunk: I was a little confused as to why you sat under the dryer with a scarf rather than a plastic cap. Also how do you plan to keep your moisture-protein balance?

Back