Pureology Products...worth It?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
So I've been noticing a few bloggers and youtubers raving about this line, particularly the shampoo. There are a few ladies on here that like this line too but not too many.

Have you used any products from this line? What do you like? How does it compare to other salon brands like joico redken or keracare?

TIA

Awesome! I picked up the poo today along with the 21 benefits leave in.

The leave in so far is nice made my hair really soft and I loooove minty on my scalp so Im looking forward to trying the shampoo.

@toaster and @blueberry2118 how moisturizing is the conditioner? Is it DC worthy? I see that line also has a mask...

Awesome! I picked up the poo today along with the 21 benefits leave in.

The leave in so far is nice made my hair really soft and I loooove minty on my scalp so Im looking forward to trying the shampoo.

@toaster and @blueberry2118 how moisturizing is the conditioner? Is it DC worthy? I see that line also has a mask...

Hello @halee_J, the conditioner is pretty moisturizing. However, I feel the shampoo has a more organic smell rather than a minty smell like the conditioner. I haven't tried the DC yet. I read a lot of good things on their deep conditioner masks too. I might try it out one day.

Last edited:
The shampoo is hydrating for some people but it strips my hair and makes it feel dry. Thank God, I bought the 8 or 10 oz bottle, one of those, I can't remember. I will be trying to finish it up with oil mixed in it or mixed in with some slippery elm powder to soften it enough for my fine hair. I have the conditioner in the half gallon jug but haven't used it yet.

Last edited:
The shampoo is hydrating for some people but it strips my hair and makes is feel dry. Thank God, I bought the 8 or 10 oz bottle, one of those, I can't remember. I will be trying to finish if up with oil mixed in it or mixed in with some slippery elm powder to soften it enough for my fine hair. I have the conditioner in the half gallon jug but haven't used it yet.

Good to know @Aggie ill give it a whirl out of pjness lol but i will have my beloved keracare on standby.

I do like the 21 benefits leave in so far

Good to know @Aggie ill give it a whirl out of pjness lol but i will have my beloved keracare on standby.

I do like the 21 benefits leave in so far
I think it's because of the citric acid in the Keracare Hydrating Shampoo, that it works so well and is so softening on my hair. I love that shampoo. I do understand about the pjness though :lol:

I think it's because of the citric acid in the Keracare Hydrating Shampoo, that it works so well and is so softening on my hair. I love that shampoo. I do understand about the pjness though :lol:

:lol: I reallllllly want to lol but now you got me a little scared to try haha

Ive been eyeing in for months tbh trying not to build up too much anticipation :lol:

:lol: I reallllllly want to lol but now you got me a little scared to try haha

Ive been eyeing in for months tbh trying not to build up too much anticipation :lol:
Don't mind me hon. My hair may just be different because a few others liked it a lot. I'm just saying that if you find that you love the Keracare Hydrating shampoo already, you might not like Pureology as much. Keracare is Bae to me.

I love Pureology products! I have the Smooth Perfection shampoo/conditioner, Hydrate shampoo/conditioner, and the Strength Cure shampoo/conditioner. All of them perform well on my hair, but my favorite is the Strength Cure line. The conditioners leave my hair so soft and moisturized. I also have the 21 Benefits leave in, the Smooth Perfection leave in, and the Precious oil. My wash day is so easy with these products. The great thing is that only a little bit is needed, so they will last a long time.

I also have the Keracare Hydrating shampoo, but it leaves build up on my scalp. I have to clarify more frequently when I use it.

I love Pureology products! I have the Smooth Perfection shampoo/conditioner, Hydrate shampoo/conditioner, and the Strength Cure shampoo/conditioner. All of them perform well on my hair, but my favorite is the Strength Cure line. The conditioners leave my hair so soft and moisturized. I also have the 21 Benefits leave in, the Smooth Perfection leave in, and the Precious oil. My wash day is so easy with these products. The great thing is that only a little bit is needed, so they will last a long time.

I also have the Keracare Hydrating shampoo, but it leaves build up on my scalp. I have to clarify more frequently when I use it.

I agree, but I don't care. I hate that stripped feeling on my hair from Pureology shampoos more than I love the softening cone effect of Keracare Hydrating shampoo on my scalp and hair. I clarify once every 3-4 weeks anyway, whether there's build up or not. I use Keracare 1st Lather followed by Keracare Hydrating Shampoo.

I am really crazy about J. Monique's Naturals Dead Sea Mud Hair Wash too. It really takes all the gunk off my hair as well as make it amazingly soft and it's like my hair magically likes everything I put on it after one of these mud washes.

I agree, but I don't care. I hate that stripped feeling on my hair from Pureology shampoos more than I love the softening cone effect of Keracare Hydrating shampoo on my scalp and hair. I clarify once every 3-4 weeks anyway, whether there's build up or not. I use Keracare 1st Lather followed by Keracare Hydrating Shampoo.

I am really crazy about J. Monique's Naturals Dead Sea Mud Hair Wash too. It really takes all the gunk off my hair as well as make it amazingly soft and it's like my hair magically likes everything I put on it after one of these mud washes.
Maybe it's an ingredient or ingredients in the Pureology shampoo that strips your hair. It feels like I'm applying conditioner to my hair when I use it.

The shampoo is hydrating for some people but it strips my hair and makes it feel dry. Thank God, I bought the 8 or 10 oz bottle, one of those, I can't remember. I will be trying to finish it up with oil mixed in it or mixed in with some slippery elm powder to soften it enough for my fine hair. I have the conditioner in the half gallon jug but haven't used it yet.
I have to amend this post ladies and here it is.

MISS turned HIT:

Pureology Hydrating Shampoo. I don't know why but this shampoo is not acting on my hair the way it did when I first started using it. I think it may be because of several changes I added to my regimen like detoxing my hair with my dead sea mud wash and my egg/evoo/acv/honey prepoo.

It's not feeling stripped and dried out anymore. In fact, on the contrary, it is actually feeling quite hydrated. I tried it twice just in case it was a fluke. Well I'm happy to report that I think I will repurchase this one, plus it smells so good :lick:. Who woulda thunk it:spinning:?

This is an expensive line so I didn't throw it out. I thought I'd try it again sometime later and the above is what happened so I had to add this update on the shampoo. I have a half gallon of the conditioner so now I have to pull that out to use with the shampoo....finally.

Last edited:
I have to amend this post ladies and here it is.

MISS turned HIT:

Pureology Hydrating Shampoo. I don't know why but this shampoo is not acting on my hair the way it did when I first started using it. I think it may be because of several changes I added to my regimen like detoxing my hair with my dead sea mud wash and my egg/evoo/acv/honey prepoo.

It's not feeling stripped and dried out anymore. In fact, on the contrary, it is actually feeling quite hydrated. I tried it twice just in case it was a fluke. Well I'm happy to report that I think I will repurchase this one, plus it smells so good :lick:. Who woulda thunk it:spinning:?

This is an expensive line so I didn't throw it out. I thought I'd try it again sometime later and the above is what happened so I had to add this update on the shampoo. I have a half gallon of the conditioner so now I have to pull that out to use with the shampoo....finally.
Which brand is your mud wash

Which brand is your mud wash
J.Monique's Naturals. She is out of stock right now but when I convoed her, she said they'll be back in stock for the end of June. I will be getting 2 more 16oz jars when they are back in stock. The price is not so bad either. I'll wait for her next sale which will be for Independence Day.

Reporting how I feel about pureology at the moment:

Only tried the purple line so far: Shampoo was a big NO for me it was heavy and left my hair matted, webby and coated did not clean my scalp.

But the 21 benefits leave in is really good. Currently finishing bottle number 3. Detangles, gives moderate slip, conditions and softens with out being heavy. It is really good at detangling my 1 year post hair. And it helps it stick to the roller for rollersets its a :thumbs up: from me.

Curious about the masque but it hella pricey and I have other salon quality DCs that are cheaper and work pretty good. Not currently in the mood for an expensive experiment. May plunge in the future, so if anyone has tried it please share, your review may tip the balance lol.

Reporting how I feel about pureology at the moment:

Only tried the purple line so far: Shampoo was a big NO for me it was heavy and left my hair matted, webby and coated did not clean my scalp.

But the 21 benefits leave in is really good. Currently finishing bottle number 3. Detangles, gives moderate slip, conditions and softens with out being heavy. It is really good at detangling my 1 year post hair. And it helps it stick to the roller for rollersets its a :thumbs up: from me.

Curious about the masque but it hella pricey and I have other salon quality DCs that are cheaper and work pretty good. Not currently in the mood for an expensive experiment. May plunge in the future, so if anyone has tried it please share, your review may tip the balance lol.

Thank you for this. Pureology always do such a good leave in. I'm going to check it out. :yep:

Back