Publix?

SouthernBeauty

I am so shocked! I went to the grocery store today to pick up a few things and to my surprise Publix has professional products. They had Chi, Biolage, Rusk, Paul Mitchell among other things. The prices may be higher but they have stuff that our bootleg BSS didnt have. I am just shocked that is all!

Welp, that's more money going out of the house. MUST.....STOP.....SHOPPING.....FOR...(grabs car keys).....HAIR

Girl where do you live? I know the Publix on Cascade Road in Adamsville (SW ATL) does not have this stuff. I wish!

I always wondered though, do these products work as well coming from a drug store/grocery (we don't have publix where I'm from but they sell salon products in a few grocery stores and drug stores here and I think it's the same story) as from a salon? They always say on the bottle not guaranteed unless purchased from a salon. I was looking at a few things the other day but I kept reading the back and its like not guaranteed unless blah blah and that was discouraging.

OMG I swear I was just going to post the same thing!! I was in Publix too and I saw Chi...didnt look for anything else really, but I was suprised it was actually there. I saw some in Target the other day, but I thought that was ok, but didnt think a grocery store would have it. But it would be my concern too about the actual salon quality.

:yep: I love Publix. A little too much, I try to stay away. Every time I walk in to that store I spend way too much on hair stuff.
I live in a small town outside Atlanta, I'm surprised your doesn't have the products vkb247.

I always wondered though, do these products work as well coming from a drug store/grocery (we don't have publix where I'm from but they sell salon products in a few grocery stores and drug stores here and I think it's the same story) as from a salon? They always say on the bottle not guaranteed unless purchased from a salon. I was looking at a few things the other day but I kept reading the back and its like not guaranteed unless blah blah and that was discouraging.

I think that they just say that to keep the salons in business. :ohwell:

I LOVE PUBLIX but for the worng reason....see they got the best cake ever in their bakery, I love that buttercreme icing..I get cupcakes evertime I go, but anyhoo a lot of grocery, department or even those combo supercenters like Super Wal-Mart carry a lot of salon stuff. I mean the product makers will tell you that its because of diversion(the selling of products in other locations other than authorized salons) but in fact they actually are the culpirts themselves. Vidal Sasoon and Pantene ProV used to be a salon product(uh huh), but after it got its "trusted reputation" as a professional product to make consumers see it as quality they come and say "guess what? Its now available in your local grocer, dontcha love it?"....and everybody goes "thats fabulous" but its just a BIG marketing trick. Why do you think we have such sucess with some "cheaper no name stuff" vs. the BIG name stuff?....take a look at some clothing lines that go from Sears to Wal-Mart, like L.E.I. for instance....its all about profit, for some companies. I think that is why we value smaller businesses that have quality in mind. But hey its nothing wrong with finding good products in nearby stores that you normally get at a BSS....

OMG I swear I was just going to post the same thing!! I was in Publix too and I saw Chi...didnt look for anything else really, but I was suprised it was actually there. I saw some in Target the other day, but I thought that was ok, but didnt think a grocery store would have it. But it would be my concern too about the actual salon quality.

I saw some Joico there too!

I LOVE PUBLIX but for the worng reason....see they got the best cake ever in their bakery, I love that buttercreme icing..I get cupcakes evertime I go, but anyhoo a lot of grocery, department or even those combo supercenters like Super Wal-Mart carry a lot of salon stuff. I mean the product makers will tell you that its because of diversion(the selling of products in other locations other than authorized salons) but in fact they actually are the culpirts themselves. Vidal Sasoon and Pantene ProV used to be a salon product(uh huh), but after it got its "trusted reputation" as a professional product to make consumers see it as quality they come and say "guess what? Its now available in your local grocer, dontcha love it?"....and everybody goes "thats fabulous" but its just a BIG marketing trick. Why do you think we have such sucess with some "cheaper no name stuff" vs. the BIG name stuff?....take a look at some clothing lines that go from Sears to Wal-Mart, like L.E.I. for instance....its all about profit, for some companies. I think that is why we value smaller businesses that have quality in mind. But hey its nothing wrong with finding good products in nearby stores that you normally get at a BSS....
I agree I will find out if it is good when I use it though!!

:yep: I love Publix. A little too much, I try to stay away. Every time I walk in to that store I spend way too much on hair stuff.
I live in a small town outside Atlanta, I'm surprised your doesn't have the products vkb247.

What sort of people live in your area? I am thinking that these brands are definitely considered to be for people of whiteness and are in areas where more of them live.

In the area of ATL where I live (well I just visit now) I can go weeks without seeing nothing but people of color...

What sort of people live in your area? I am thinking that these brands are definitely considered to be for people of whiteness and are in areas where more of them live.

In the area of ATL where I live (well I just visit now) I can go weeks without seeing nothing but people of color...

I see, predominately white here. That would explain that.

Back