Protien VS Moisture

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
How can you tell if a product is protien or moisture based? Are there some ingredients I should look for? I believe I have a lot of protien based products, I need more moisture based ones.
Also, can anyone tell me if Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream is protien or moisture based?

Could you name some good moisture based leave in condish and DCs?

Thank you all so much in advance for your responses!:yep:
I've been using ORS olive oil (in a jar) and castor oil just about every day on my ends mostly to keep them moisturized. I also DC with ORS hair mayo.

Per my big Sis Silver Lotus :bounceline: :yahoo::yahoo:

"Sorry, I really should have been more clear about the protein thing. A product can be moisturizing but still have protein in it. It just depends on the concentration & type of protein. These are general guidelines but - wheat, soy, and milk protein tend to be much weaker than amino acids, animal proteins, & keratin. Collagen and silk protein fall somewhere in the middle. Also, the further up on the ingredients list, the higher the concentration of protein."

I use KeraCare Humecto for my moisture dc. I really like it.

I'm sorry I just wanted to use these smilies :couchfire: :twister: they make me laugh.

I also used Kerecare Humecto as my moisture deep conditioner. I like keratin based products like Joico Reconstructer for my protein choices.:grin:

Back