Protein Treatment After Relaxer?

A relaxer breaks down the protein in the hair, you actually lose some protein during the process. It's important to do a protein treatment after a relaxer, not moisturize, that can come later.

Edit: Question--What is a neutralizer? o_o

Last edited:
A relaxer breaks down the protein in the hair, you actually lose some protein during the process. It's important to do a protein treatment after a relaxer, not moisturize, that can come later.

Edit: Question--What is a neutralizer? o_o

Uh, but I thought you were supposed to deep condition after every protein treatment.

To the edit, um, lol, isn't that what keeps the relaxer from eating through our hair?

Uh, but I thought you were supposed to deep condition after every protein treatment.

To the edit, um, lol, isn't that what keeps the relaxer from eating through our hair?
Protein comes before DC is usually how I did it. I did the protein first and followed up with a deep conditoner later. DC never was the first step after my relaxer. And I ended up googling Neutralizer. My hair stylist always called it a PH Balancer. I should have guessed :rolleyes:

I use mizani bb too and a week b4 I relax I clarify and use my Dudleys DRC 28 hardcore protein treatment then I co-wash with my shescentit avocado conditioner. After I relax I neutralize and then deep condition with bannana brulee then use my porosity control for a final rinse. then I use my aphogee green tea and Keratin leave-in apply my other leave ins and butters and air dry. Perfect everytime

Back