Protein + Touch Up = ?

Drea84

Hi Ladies,

This morning I placed my hair in a pony tail to ensure that I do not come through my roots today which is touch up day.

To prevent fly aways I used aphogee's light protein spray mixed with Hot Six oil and rubbed it in my palms before smoothing it over the hair.

I had a relapse moment I completely did not realize what I was doing!!!!!

Now even though it is not an intense protein treatment should I hold off on relaxing today?!?!?

Drea84
blush.gif

I think that you are ok, so long as you did not put it on your roots--and if you did, it is probably still ok. I just don't like to go messing in my new growth with anything besides oil before a touch-up. I mean, profective break-free has protein and it is suggested on the container to use it before relaxer on the ends of your hair. I am no expert, either, but if you are truly in doubt, tell your stylist before he/she goes to work. They'll let you know if it is really ok (we hope!). Good luck!

That's such a light protein that I seriously doubt you'll have any adverse effects. Also, as far as I know (but hopefully someone will either confirm or refute), protein before a relaxer is fine...it's after that's a problem. Good luck
smile.gif

Thanks ladies!

After I realized what I did I read the bottle to see if it had any warnings but there were none so I hope that I'm fine. I'll post later on tonight to let you guys know!!

Drea84
cool.gif

Hi girls,

I had a successful touch up today with Affirm Lye!!

Thanks for calming my nerves earlier
smile.gif

Drea84

Back