Protein Reversion???

Porsche19

Is it possible for someone to make relaxed or textiurized hair more curly/kinky by using keratin protein?

I've alsway thought that this didn't make sense because even if the keratin enters the hair shaft, it's not going to join onto your hair and make your hair "perfect" like before.

I read somewhere that you shouldn't do a reconstructor too soon after a relaxer for this reason.

Is it really possible that this can happen?

I'm planning to use a reconstructor in 2 days... Thta's 9 days after my last relaxer. That's why I'm a little worried. :ohwell:

I've learned here to wait about 2 weeks after relaxing before using a protein reconstrructor (keraphix). I use it 3 days before I relax so my hair is strong.

I have never had problems with reversion after using a protein treatment. I usually do a hardcore protein treatment a week after my relaxer.

Last edited:
Once, my hair reverted after using hennalucent a day after a relaxer. It is possible. I think you should do a search for Supergirl's thread about protein. I hope either you can search for it or someone can bump it for you.

I have had reversion because of too much protein, on my own and at the hands of my stylist. I regulate more now, serious protein every 4 weeks, lite protein for 5 minutes every 2 weeks and of course TONS of MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER in between and I oil my strands after moisturizing.

i feels so stupid i did a aphogee 2 min recon treatment right after i relaxed and my hair reverted no im not sure what to do how do i get my hair straight now

I have done that and several other people here do that as well I have never suffered Reverting *so don't feel stupid!, But I'd wait until the next relaxer and wouldn't do this step if it caused you some reversion. :)

so im natural but i have heat damage or scap hair in the front. if i do a strong keratin protein that with help revert some of the straight peices?

I honestly don't believe in protein reversion. I use a strong protein (Aphogee 2 step) a week after my relaxer and I've only experienced reversion when my hair was underprocessed. So if you're experiencing reversion I'd say that might be the case. Protein shouldn't revert chemically straightened hair.

Last touch up I used aphogee 2 min about 5 days later and I didn't experience reversion. Was only in for about 5 mins

Back