PROTEIN QUESTIONS... PLEASE HELP

LadyZ

Are these products/ingredients considered protein?
My hair is protein sensitive.....

Collagen
Urea
Avocado Oil
Carrot Oil
Wheat Germ Oil
Lactic Acid
Mango

Please any one

TIA

LadyZ said:
Are these products/ingredients considered protein?
My hair is protein sensitive.....

Collagen
Urea
Avocado Oil
Carrot Oil
Wheat Germ Oil
Lactic Acid
Mango

Please any one

TIA

The only protein I see on your list is collagen.

Oils are just oils, fats and while they may have traces of protein, they are not considered proteins.

Urea is a derivative of urine (many times artificial) and is a moisturizer.

Lactic Acid is not a protein.

Now, fruits like avocado, for example, are a rich source of protein and many use it mashed for their hair.

LadyZ said:
Thank you very much Isis...

One more question... Is Amino Acids protein?
Amino acids are components of protein. There are also some amino acids which are not protein.

Perhaps some of the scientists on this board can explain in more detail. :)

anky said:
LOL @ protein sensitive. Collagen won't hurt you, :lol:

No, really... it won't.

I agree, collagen protein increases the elasticity of your hair. If you are worried about protein that is drying and causes your hair to be brittle, I would watch out for excessive animal protein and keratin. Animal protein more so than keratin though.

Thank you ladies...

I am trying so hard to understand this protein thing, and it seems I only keep getting more confused:confused: ...

But, I guess I should avoid most animal and keratin, which are hard core(for me)...

I am learning... It is just some hair products use other words in their ingredients, then when I find out what it is, it is a form a protein:mad: ...

I now read labels before buying anything...

Thanks again ladies:) ...

I think it's best to find a protein based product that your hair likes, and get on a schedule that your hair likes....and always follow up with a moist cond.

If you get to detailed, you may get aggravated.

Back