protein poisoning?

ngaa

i was reading a magazine thing for body builders and it warned them not to take too much protein becuase it may lead to protein poisoning which could be fatal.....now here i am thinkin that i could eat all the protein my hair needed without fearing anything and now this....has any1 heard about this?? any thoughts?? just how much protiein is considered too much??
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I never heard of this...but it is really something to think about! I know that too much can lead to high cholesterol.. ex eggs (the yolks) beef...and pork. I don't eat beef or pork though. I recently looked at the levels in turkey...and I was shocked to see how high it is in Cholesterol. I guess that too much of anything can be a bad thing.

Never heard of the protein poisoning in my years of bodybuilding. I do know that too much protein puts a strain on your liver, particularly if you're not eating enough vegetables and carboyhydrates and drinking water. Typically for female competitors, 1/2 to 3/4 grams of protein per lb. of body weight is considered adequate so unless you're 'beefing' up, you should be fine with 'normal' consumption.

The male competitors eat any where from 1 gram to 2 grams (or more) of protein per lb. of body weight but also consider their goals.

For your hair health, you don't need anywhere near that much protein!! A balanced diet should provide you with all the nutrients you need to have healthy growing hair.

And.....keep in mind that different body types (basal metabolic rates, body mass index, etc....) are going to have different nutritional requirements so it's very individual.

Sorry this post was so long...
frown.gif

Back