Protein - One would think that....

Leshia

with dropping $35 on one single solitary bottle of conditioner, that there'd be NO breakage afterwards. There were about 1-4 broken hairs after using this conditioner and moisturizing and such. I dunno....I may take this back to the store. I think CPR was a little more potent than this. Labett? Anyone??? How do you properly and effectively use this stuff for maximum strength???
confused.gif

I know you're talking about DRC-28...I expected and immediate end to breakage too, especially with the tangles this stuff gave me but I certainly didn't get it.

When is severely damaged you use it every two weeks until
shedding stops.
When using to strengthen hair I use one week before relaxer
and two weeks post relaxer to build my hair back up and then
I use it once a month because my hair was thinning out.
I

i spent $40 on a big bottle of the affirm 5 in 1 and my breakage didn't stop either. But when I used the Aphogee, which was $5.99 for a small bottle, my breakage stopped immediatly. I looked at the ingredients on both bottles and suprisingly protein is the second ingredient in aphogee(second to water) while it's the fourth ingredient in the Affirm 5 in 1.
huh.gif

Nothing is going to completely stop your breakage - that's my sincere and honest belief. If your hair is damaged and you got 4 broken hairs, then to me, that's a drastic improvement.

If there is something that is cheaper (like CPR) that will get you the same 4 broken hairs (which is really not a lot, love!
laugh.gif
) then I'd certainly say go for it, but I think your expectations were a little high.
ohwell.gif
I think if there is something you genuinely like better that costs you far less, that's always a better bet.

I like the DRC because it stopped my severe breaking and shedding when nothing else would (and I still get some breakage - but I always did - even when my hair was at my healthiest).

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
i spent $40 on a big bottle of the affirm 5 in 1 and my breakage didn't stop either. But when I used the Aphogee, which was $5.99 for a small bottle, my breakage stopped immediatly. I looked at the ingredients on both bottles and suprisingly protein is the second ingredient in aphogee(second to water) while it's the fourth ingredient in the Affirm 5 in 1.
huh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Affirm actually helped stopped my breakage, but it took two treatments as opposed to one with the aphogee. The only problem with aphogee is that my hair feels terrible after i use it and it takes a while to feel "normal" again.

My hair was pretty crunchy afterwards
shocked.gif
but I did a deep conditon with QH Cholesterol and QH hot oil and my hair was really soft.

ITA with Tracy. Also perhaps those 4 hairs were hairs that weren't properly moisturized afterwards. I use this and I love it. When I had problems it stopped it dead in its tracks and I feel it also contributes to the long term health of my hair. Aphogee is not that cheap anyway, it just seems that way because it is usually found in a smaller size. A 16 ounce of aphogee costs $20 and a 16 ounce of Affirm 5in1 costs $20, unfortunately smaller sizes of Affirm aren't available.

Well, my hair isn't damaged, but I noticed a broken hair or two and was apparently misguided when I thought I could get my hair to a point where there'd be NO breakage. I haggled and argued and got my money back from the Koreans that sold me the product and will not be repurchasing any Dudley's products. I think I will mosey on back to the CPR...

Back