Protein/moisturizing Conditioning Regimen

syze6

I am trying to get the balance of conditioning right. I think I am not using the correct conditioners together and therefore am getting more of one and less than the other which isn't good for the hair.

What brands for the combination of protein conditioner followed up by moisturizing conditioner do you guys use together and suggest. I think once I get that down my hair will have the strength and moisture I desire.

I use the CPR and them I follow up with Aussie or the Suave or Cholesterol Then I spray infusium for the leave in. I really hate the way it makes my hair feel crunchy when it air dries. I really need to find a good creamy leave in..

I use the CPR and them I follow up with Aussie or the Suave or Cholesterol Then I spray infusium for the leave in. I really hate the way it makes my hair feel crunchy when it air dries. I really need to find a good creamy leave in..

If you're using Motions CPR then using Aussie, Suave, or Cholesterol may not be moisturizing enough to restore the moisture in your hair because they aren't deep conditioners. You'll probably be better off with a moisturizing deep conditioner (instead of an instant conditioner). If you like Motions, they have a Moisture Plus conditioner that might be better suited for your hair.

For my hair I like Aubrey Organics GPB, Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus and Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for my protein conditioners/treatments (all except for the Aphogee I have used on their own and liked it -- but my hair loves protein because it's fine and relaxed).

For a moisturizing deep conditioner I like Sally Beauty Supply's GVP Conditioning Balm, and Nexxus Humectress (or Sally Beauty Supply's GVP Moisturizing Conditioner).

And if you want one product that has both moisturizing and strengthening (protein) properties, I like L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm, ORS Replenishing Conditioner, and KeraMinerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner.

If you need a good moisturizing DC available on the ground, I recommend Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 renewal masque, the Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Nourishing masque or the manuka honey & mufura oil intensive hydration masque. I have used all 3 after heavy protein treatments and they all bring my hair back into balance.

Trying a DC from the Motions line is also a good option.

What works great for me is Acure Organics hair mask moisturizing root repair argan stem cell + mint deep conditioning followed by their moroccan argan oil + argan stem cell conditioner (triple moisture repairing conditioner).

If you're willing to invest some money on a good quality product line, try the Aveda Damage Remedy products.

If you're not willing to buy all of the products, you can see immediate improvement if you try the shampoo and the deep treatment and skip the rinse-out conditioner and the leave-in conditioner. You can swap out the rinse-out and leave-in for something else.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 17
I do moisturizing dc once a week for 3 weeks then a heavy duty protein (Drc 28) followed up with an extremely moisturizing dc (Salerm wheat germ mask) on the 4 th week.

I am trying to get the balance of conditioning right. I think I am not using the correct conditioners together and therefore am getting more of one and less than the other which isn't good for the hair.

What brands for the combination of protein conditioner followed up by moisturizing conditioner do you guys use together and suggest. I think once I get that down my hair will have the strength and moisture I desire.
Yeah Audrey's GPB conditioner like WaistLengthDreams said

Back