Protein Gel

CaramelDamsel

Hey Ladies, i've posted maybe once or twice here but i'm alwayz on just reading and getting advice, this is definitly a great place. Well i was wondering if any of you ladies either use or have used protein gel, the dark colored one. Any bad reviews, any good reviews, anything at all?? My mother told me one day that i need to stop using it because it will break my hair off eventually, what do ya'll think. All responses are greatly appreciated /images/graemlins/smile.gifThanx

i don't know that much stuff about protein products but i read before that protein can dry your hair out if you use it too often.

I used to use this. It is supposed to make your hair grow when you use it..Whatever...But, I found that it can break your hair after using it as well as dry it out. I like Fantasia IC gel..it's lighter and doesn't break/dry the hair.

As per my hairdresser's recommendation, I use Pre-con gel. The 2nd ingredient is hydrolized animal protein.

I typically use gel to slick my hair back and wear it in a bun--this is my "lazy woman's" doo, plus it keeps me from abusing my hair. I haven't noticed any breakage using it.

Back