Protein drink

Maxitonia

What is the best protein shake or drink I could buy for overall health not just for my hair, I found a good one at vitacost.com called egg and milk protein. I would like to know from LHCF first.

I was drinking a Mango protein shake when I read this. I make my own and it's sooooooooo good and tasty. I use 1 cup of frozen mango pieces, 2 scoops of whey protein powder, soy ice cream to thicken, 1 cup of apple juice (all from Trader Joe's) and 2 tlbs of flax seed oil. Mix it all together in a blender and enjoy! If you don't like Mango, you can use frozen strawberries, peaches or blueberries.

Does this help your hair? I'm starting to get out of the honeymoon stage with my hair, and protein DCs are a realy pain in the butt.. would taking protein shakes be a replacement for external protein treatments?

I have myoplex (i think that's the brand) - oatmeal - cinnamon. It's so yummy. I used to drink that when I was on a high protein diet. :lick:

Dishes makes a yummy one called Tobago, it's banana, peanut butter and low fat vanilla yogurt. :lick::lick::lick:

Someone shared a recipe once it was milk (low fat/soy/etc your choice), peanut butter, egg and you could add cinnamon and nutmeg for the taste.:lick::lick:

I'm looking for a protein shake that is reasonable price and decent taste, I know GNC is very expensive with those powder shakes.

just go to wal-mart..you'll find a lot of protein drinks

i'd say the one that contains the most vitamins with is would be the best for you

Does this help your hair? I'm starting to get out of the honeymoon stage with my hair, and protein DCs are a realy pain in the butt.. would taking protein shakes be a replacement for external protein treatments?

bump to answer this question :look:

Look into a protein drink called Almased...especially if you want to lose weight. It is all natural and contains all of the essential amino acids. It is great for digestion and overall health.

It doesn't taste great plain but you can mix it with other things. Please pm me if you would like more information. THIS IS A MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR THOSE WHO ARE SEEKING BETTER HEALTH/WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!

I needed a protein drink for hair benefits but mostly for gaining weight, I don't eat that well and need to gain another 15 lbs or so, I was thinking a GNC powder drink called gainer 2200 but I know the taste must be awful.

I needed a protein drink for hair benefits but mostly for gaining weight, I don't eat that well and need to gain another 15 lbs or so, I was thinking a GNC powder drink called gainer 2200 but I know the taste must be awful.
I have the same problem but do you work out?

In theory, yes. However, IMO, most people (like myself :yep:) who drink protein shakes are doing so many other things to promote hair growth that it's difficult to isolate the effect of the shake. Some of my favorite drinks are:
hazelnut_back.jpg
mocha_back.jpg

Both have whey protein and cost any where between $2.50 and $2.99.

No I don't, but was thinking to work out because I want to lose my belly fat but afraid to lose more weight.
i recently went to the doctor because i found i wasnt gaining any weight and he told me to eat 6 small meals a day exercise (mostly for cardio) and drink a protein shake

Back