Protein Conditioners

Hello ladies! You all have helped me so much. I am coming up with a regimen but I have a question about protein conditioners. I have Motions Silk Protein Conditioner as well as Lustrasilk Cholesterol w/Placenta & Jojoba Oil. My question is which is the heavier of the two? I was thinking of using one every week when I wash and using the other on a monthly basis. But I'm not sure which one to put where.

wantlonghairagain said:
Hello ladies! You all have helped me so much. I am coming up with a regimen but I have a question about protein conditioners. I have Motions Silk Protein Conditioner as well as Lustrasilk Cholesterol w/Placenta & Jojoba Oil. My question is which is the heavier of the two? I was thinking of using one every week when I wash and using the other on a monthly basis. But I'm not sure which one to put where.

motions silk gets a big no no for me. but i guess its the stronger out of the two, as it is a standard silk protein. the lustrasilk sounds like it has added moisturising goodies in there.

I'm not too familiar with the Lustrasilk cholesterol, but cholesterol is a fat and therefore should be more moisturizing to your hair than just protein alone, although most cholesterol conditioners also have added protein.

As far as Motions silk, I don't use it anymore and I haven't done so for over a year now....I still use Motions CPR, which until last week I hadn't used for over a year too....When I did use the Motions conditioner (the white one) it was very good until my hair stopped responding to it.

Maybe you could try mixing the two and see what results you get if you're not satisfied with using them individually, that's what I usually do and sometimes it works.

Back