protein addition to my current reggie?

southerncitygirl

:grin: so ladies I'm thinking about adding a hardcore protein treatment once a month to add to my progress with retention.
Komaza care has a protein treatment I want to try and I was wondering had any one used it and liked it.
I'm natural and don't have much breakage but just want to do this for some added insurance. I see little bits here and there when detangling wet hair on wash day, but its never an issue when my stylist gives me my dustings, she always says that she doesn't have to cut much off cause wigs are my protective style.

What do you guys think? I have a preference for primarily natural hair ( I try to steer clear or parabens, propylene gycol, and petroleum) products which was why I haven't tried aphogee and peopel keep saying how bad it smells,lol.

I am newly relaxed after being natural for two years. When I was natural I used pretty much all natural products , straight milk with ayurvedic tea on top of it was my protein of choice and that left my strands UBER soft but it only lasted for two weeks and animal protein can over time cause buildup, which was not okay for me with trying to simplify my routine.

Since being relaxed I try to stay as close to the earth as possible with my products, I have found Millscreek conditioner ( I use the biotin one). Hydrolyzed keratin is listed within the first five ingredients and they don't have the ingredients you want to steer clear of. It did make my hair hard (I think this is because of the Hydrolyzed collagen which I have since discovered my hair doesnt like) once I am done with this one I am going to purchase one with out it. I had to follow it with a DC after but I use it twice between relaxers once 6 weeks after and 1 week before my next relaxer which will be next week.

I purchased mine at Rickys but Wholefoods also carries it for around $6-$7. HTH

Back