protective styling after relaxer

janaq2003

Just curious. After you relax,how long do you wait to return to your protective styling regimen (i.e. bunning etc.). You know how when you get a relaxer you want to wear your hair down since it is so manageable!

I start Protective styling right after relaxing,I flat iron to check my length then i condition was the same day not use to straight hair anymore.

1 week or whenever the next wash is. I'm in this situation now. Got a relaxer last week and should have washed today but am going to push it for another 1-2 days cuz I'm having fun with it being down.

ummm.....I usually do it after a couple of days, after a wash, when I get a relaxer, I wash again in 3 days, just cuz.....I would say a couple of days to a week.....but then again, I wouldn't bother it too much.....I would flat iron and wrap and the following week go back to buns.....HTH

After a relaxer, I keep it wrap, then wash it in 2-3 days tops. I guess its a habit now, since LHCF.

Before LHCF I used to sport my fresh relaxer for at least 2 weeks before doing anything to it, then try to figure out why my hair was breaking and ends looking regedy.

I wear my hair down for about 1 month. ... I DC and co wash once a week and then I wrap for the rest of the week.... after a month I increase my co washes and I use rollers and try to keep my hair up. This time I will be braiding in about 2 weeks. I'm 1 week post now.

I got a relaxer last week and worn my hair down for 1 week. Tomorrow it's time to return to protective styling. I feel a little guilty for wearing it out for this long.

I wear my hair down for about 1 month. ... I DC and co wash once a week and then I wrap for the rest of the week.... after a month I increase my co washes and I use rollers and try to keep my hair up. This time I will be braiding in about 2 weeks. I'm 1 week post now.
we're on the same schedule!

Good question, OP!

I really don't keep track, though, because I don't view buns and other updos that I wear as "protective styles." I straighten my hair for length-check pics, but I don't like wearing it straight and usually opt for an updo or curly style to keep my hair out of my way, especially at work. When I wear my hair down, it's usually in a "textured" style, like a twistout. In fact, I am prone to wear updos more during the first few weeks after a relaxer so that I can "show off" my straight edges. :look:

Back