Protective Styles Good, Not Just for The Ends

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
When I wear my hair down, it is more prone to get caught in things (purse straps, necklaces, between my back and the car seat, etc.) and it is also more prone to tangling because of natural movement or major movement caused by a windy day or something.

Thus by keeping the hair immobile (in protective styles) I'm saving major hair strands. I also make it a point to make sure that my hair has no movement when I tie it up for the night.

wave.gif

I agree with you 100%. Now that I am more aware of my hair when it's loose I notice every little thing that can cause it to snap so I actually prefer not to wear it straight and loose because I know my hair will catch on to something especially in the car or with my 1 year old who loves to pull my hair
smile.gif

I noticed this, about two weeks ago when i had my hair down. I could hear and feel every pull and snap in the hair. I hated when I was lleaning on some cloth and when I moved a strand would come out

Yes, I always noticed how I had to deal with my tangly hair at the end of every day when I wore my hair down all the time.

I agree.
My snoods and twists protect my ends but they also protect me from getting my fro stuck in the car sunroofs and doors.

Whenever I wear my hair down, everyone wants to come and put their arms around my shoulder and that freaks me out so much that the person backs off looking at me all crazy. I actually say "GET OFF MY HAIR!"
blush.gif

this is another thing that bothers me about wearing my hair down. I HATE to see shedding hairs, it's makes me think that my hair is falling out, so I'd rather just keep it up and avoid witnessing that.

*Dee* said:
this is another thing that bothers me about wearing my hair down. I HATE to see shedding hairs, it's makes me think that my hair is falling out, so I'd rather just keep it up and avoid witnessing that.

sherrylove is cosigning with ms dee... smile

good point about protective styling , supergirl.....

This is soo very true. I've been wearing my hair in a bun for 1 year now. I think I can count the number of times I have let my hair out.

But if we're going to keep our hair in protective styles all the time, why are we trying to grow long hair?

sweetcakes14 said:
This is soo very true. I've been wearing my hair in a bun for 1 year now. I think I can count the number of times I have let my hair out.

But if we're going to keep our hair in protective styles all the time, why are we trying to grow long hair?

Thats what I was thinking...Just grow it to a nice lenght...bra-strap/midback(for me) and not worry bout all this, I dont even wear my lil hair out now cause Im so paranoid bout the ends...lol

ITA: Everyday I am out in the field in NY visiting clients and my hair always gets stuck when I am sitting on the train and I lose a hair strand or two each time:( Also, in the winter with all of the scarves and hats my hair is constantly being pulled so I usually like to wear it up.

Back