Protective styles for growing out a pixie style

Evolving78

Hi ladies! I have posted this before, but I posted this question in the wrong place. Anyway I wanted to know for all of you that started out with really short hair; what protective hairstyles did you wear until you were able to put your hair into a ponytail? When I had grew my hair out before, I was going to the salon every week, so I wasn't doing anything to my hair. While it was short, my stylist would wash, condition, mold, blow dry my hair, and flat iron it. I would tie it down during the week until it was time to go the the shop again. When it grew longer, I would get wraps, rods and rollersets. Well it is short again, due to me wanting a drastic change to my look. Can anyone help a sista out?

You can wrap it,fluff it up in a wash and go wet look,get braids when the back get long enough to catch.wear a cute headscarf hth

thanks for the tips. i do wrap my hair. I don't want to do the braid thing because I want the left side of my hair line to get a little thicker. I got braids around the end of May and she braided my hair so tight that it started to thin out. I do have enough for a flexirod set, but I don't do it as good as my stylist and a sista is on a budget right now with a have a newborn and trying to move this month, so i can't make it to the shop like i would want to. maybe I will just have to practice on getting it right.

Back