Protecting your relationship.....

alexstin

would you or your DH/SO tell the other of out of the ordinary attention from someone of the opposite sex?

For DH and I, this is one of the things that is an added layer of protection to our marriage. It works for us. When I feel that someone is paying a little too much attention to me I let DH know and he does the same. If that person needs to be put in their place then that's done( an example..... DH was showing a customer a bed and she mentioned how she wouldn't mind trying it out with him.):perplexed

I believe a lot of affairs start because someone may have noticed they have an admirer. Of course, when your relationship is good it's not a big deal, but what happens when you hit a rocky point and you remember how much attention that coworker gives you?

Oh, yeah, on a regular - :yep: - we talk about our day, and if there happened to be someone who gave a lil extra attention, we mention it to each other.

Secrets are the first crack. :yep:

I tell DH. It works for us too.

Not too long ago I stopped going to one particular grocery store because when I'd go, I was getting followed by one of the stock guys:perplexed. I told him I was married but it didn't phase him and I eventually stopped going, and when we need something from that store DH will go and get it.

I tell DH. It works for us too.

Not too long ago I stopped going to one particular grocery store because when I'd go, I was getting followed by one of the stock guys:perplexed. I told him I was married but it didn't phase him and I eventually stopped going, and when we need something from that store DH will go and get it.

:yep: There is a local gas station I hate going to, because dude behind the counter is always just a hair more forward than I think he should be - and I'm really laid back. I make an effort to be on the phone with DH if I have to go there. :lachen:

:yep: There is a local gas station I hate going to, because dude behind the counter is always just a hair more forward than I think he should be - and I'm really laid back. I make an effort to be on the phone with DH if I have to go there. :lachen:[/quote]

:lachen::lachen:It's a shame to have to go through so many changes just because they don't get that you're not interested in them and nothing is going to happen.:yawn:

We talk about it all of the time. He knows about my old "work boo" (cute old man, 60+ who calls me suga and tells me about his "Big Moma" then he does his pimp run away from me saying "you gon get me in trouble!" LOL. Most of the time men are put off by my ring so they just say stuff like "damn, he must really love you." LOL

I have to tell DH when women have flirted with him, he's just soo niave to the whole thing. Crazy thing is, women flirt with him MORE now that he's wearing a wedding band.

We definitely believe in guarding our relationship. All the enemy needs is an open door of secrets (no matter how small) to ruin a marriage.

My SO and I do the same. We discuss our day and let each other know about things that happen with other people. The best bet is to say something early on because you never know if something will turn up looking shady. There is this guy I my building with a wife and a child, I don't care for his approach toward me. He has never said anything direct to me, but I just know something isn't right. I let my SO know ASAP. Even when my SO's male family members call/email me, I let him know. I don't want anyone making up stories or for something to look funny.

I like this thread, very good examples of married couples communicating openly. Thanks ladies for sharing, please keep the stories coming :yep:

Back