Proplyne Glycol and Butylene Glycol in Products

Kindheart

Hi beauties :D
I ve recently purchased a few items online and realized that 3 out 5 contain propylene Glycol and other variations of it ,I know its used in cosmetics to give slip and as a humectant ,however after i ve made a few searches online i found out it can be mildly toxic to the liver and get easily absorbed in the bloodstream .What worries me is that unlike parabens is often listed within the first 3 ingredients .Fantasia Leave in for Extra dry hair has it listed as 2nd ingredient and after a few poliquaternium1 -11(also mildly toxic but less dangerous than PG) and unrelevant good ingredients it has another 2 types of propylene glycol.
I wanted to share with you the products i found this ingredient in(listed within the first 5 ingredients) and i would be more than grateful if you could list yours aswell and perhaps some PG free ones that you like.

Wave Nuveu (4)
Profective Growth (yellow jar) Mask(3)
Fantasia Aloe Leave in (2,6,7)
Cantu Shea Butter leave in (2)
Cantu break lotion
Talijaa Wahid Mist Bodifier (2)
Porosity Control (2)
Paul Mitchell Color Care Conditioner(13)
Paul Mitchell Skinny conditioner(not first 3)
Elasta Qp Soy Oil Intensive Mask (2 ,3,4)

Last edited:
Hello,
I did the same research today, but it's toxic for kidneys when absorbed in huge quantity. So i don't think we have to worry about that, but parabens, mineral oil and cones are my first concern. I'm trying to find out some products totally free of these subtances.

Biolage Matrix Thermal Active Repair (2)
Biolage Daily Leave in Tonic (6)
Elucence brand doesn't have these ingredients nor do Praire Naturals (Canadian brand).

Back