Proper way to SWITCH...............

Ladies please school me on the proper "GUIDELINES" on switching from no-lye to lye. I like ORS no-lye and I am texlaxing. MT has thickened my hair something fierce.
From reading comments on this board it seems like most ladies have better results texlaxing using lye.

For those who have made the switch, please give me some of your ideas before I try it.

TIA

LOL ...luv the little drowning dude!!! Anyway, you can apply just like your No-lye and on the new growth only - there is no need to use the relaxer all the way to the ends of your hair unless you are doing a corrective. I just recently switched back to Lye and will not turn back!

i'm switching to next as well, with my next relaxer... i hope some else chimes in with their experience

I switched from ORS no lye to Mizani Butter Blends w/ no problem. I just made sure that I had sufficient new growth and only applied the relaxer to my new growth, so no corrective... and it came out fine. I also coated my relaxed ends w/ the Honey Shield that comes with the system...HTH

ITA! I switched from no-lye to lye, and just made sure I protected my previously relaxed hair with olive oil, and I also added sweet almond oil to the relaxer to slow the process so I had more working/application time. My hair definitely prefers the lye!

I plan to switch to lye for my next relaxer. I've decided to go with silk elements. Anyone have good experiences with this?

I made the switch last weekend from Doo Gro no-lye relaxer to Silk Elements Lye. I only applied it to my new growth and made sure that I based my scalp really well first. I'm in love!!! No more no-lye relaxers for me... ever!

I made the switch last weekend from Doo Gro no-lye relaxer to Silk Elements Lye. I only applied it to my new growth and made sure that I based my scalp really well first. I'm in love!!! No more no-lye relaxers for me... ever!

Tell us more! What did you like about the lye relaxer over the no-lye?

I'm glad it worked out great for you.

I did the exact same thing. Ever since I could remember I have used no lye and in January I tried the Mizani BB and I will never turn back to no-lye.

I do not know what I was thinking before using a no-lye relaxer. I used to have so much breakage using lye but now not even a split hair.

I did not have any burning during or after the application, which was a complete shock to me.

OP I would suggest making sure to follow all the steps of the relaxing process to a T and just cut the time in half just as you do with a no-lye.
Mizani Butter Blends would be my number one choice for any lye relaxer.

I switched from ORS no lye to Mizani Butter Blends w/ no problem. I just made sure that I had sufficient new growth and only applied the relaxer to my new growth, so no corrective... and it came out fine. I also coated my relaxed ends w/ the Honey Shield that comes with the system...HTH

Back