Progress pictures.

Amber_moon

I was feeling depressed about my hair the last few days, because of some problems with it. So I decided to go back and look at some photos of my hair, and I found these. Just sitting around in some online albums.

Here is me, in November of 2005: Look at how stringy and chewed my ends are!!!

124b7c13.jpg

Then heres me in November of 2006: Cut back to shoulder length and nice blunt ends again:

get-attachmentblur.jpg

Heres me as of tonight.

hairsept.jpg

My ends are starting to get shaggy again, time for another trim.... but from November of 06 to Sept of 07 my hair grew from a little below shoulder length to RIGHT above BSL. Im not feeling as depressed anymore.

Now Im not sure how that translates in inches (I never measured) but Im thinking thats right around (or maybe slightly slower than) ave.

I feel like all I gotta do it get past this little hump and Ill be heading int he right direction.

Don't be depressed, your already heading in the right direction. Like you said all you need to do is get over the hump, in time that will happen. BTW- your very petty.

I think you've done a great job at length retention. A little tiny trim to neaten it up and you're right on the money:yep:

Maybe I dont have good eyes, but your hair doesnt look bad to me...

If it did, I wouldnt have commented in this thread...

Like another poster suggested maybe a trim, since you like even ends...

I think your hair looks good.

I checked out your fotki, and I WISH my bantu knot set came out half as good as yours.

Maybe I dont have good eyes, but your hair doesnt look bad to me...

If it did, I wouldnt have commented in this thread...

Like another poster suggested maybe a trim, since you like even ends...

Girl if my hair is looking bad you better come comment and let me know something! LOL.

It was starting to break off really bad but I think its going to be alright. I have an unofficial big sister now so I think everything will be ok.

Hello pretty lady! :wave:
Your hair looks good in all three pics to me. :yep: But I know how it is to have ends that do not want to cooperate. I made the decision recently that after my next regular, I plan to do more regular dustings, in order to avoid having major trims. Whatever you're doing, your hair is still looking healthy.

Baggying helps get over that hump. HHG.

Your hair is lovely. :)

I would suggest trying a couple suggestions given by the ladies, then focus on something else in your life for a few weeks. Sometimes we examine our hair every single waking moment and it can lead to discouragement. But your'e doing alot better than you think you are! :D

girl you have some pretty hair! and that is a cute style with the bangs , go on head chile :) i know how you feel about havin to trim cause it feels like that length is going. but there is that period of time after the trim where the hair seems to thrive so much better in all conditions. easier to style , easier to comb and detangle, not as much breakage or any splits. you'll be to your goal in no time.

girl you have some pretty hair! and that is a cute style with the bangs , go on head chile :) i know how you feel about havin to trim cause it feels like that length is going. but there is that period of time after the trim where the hair seems to thrive so much better in all conditions. easier to style , easier to comb and detangle, not as much breakage or any splits. you'll be to your goal in no time.

Thanks! I hate the idea that Im going to loose some of my progress, but I figure, If I dont do it, Im going to loose ALL my progress.

Hey pretty girl its okay. Like others said your heading inthe right direction. LHCF sisters are here for ya.:yep: I'm sending out a hair prayer for you and all of us.

WOW! Gurl, you got some pretty hair! Congrats! No reason to be depressed about your hair that I can see!

:dance7:

Amber_Moon your hair is lovely! And so are you! :yep:
I know you know your own head, but I don't see any problems with your hair in any of the pictures. :look: I wish I had any of your "bad hair days!" :lachen:

Beautiful!

Your hair is lovely. :)

I would suggest trying a couple suggestions given by the ladies, then focus on something else in your life for a few weeks. Sometimes we examine our hair every single waking moment and it can lead to discouragement. But your'e doing alot better than you think you are! :D

Couldn't agree more! I'm just beginningmy hair journey and I pray that one day my hair will look as beautiful as yours.

Hey pretty girl its okay. Like others said your heading inthe right direction. LHCF sisters are here for ya.:yep: I'm sending out a hair prayer for you and all of us.

Aw! That is so sweet, thank you! Its coming so slow to me I just dont know what Im going to do. :(

Back