Progress pics from BC to Now

Iluvsmuhgrass

I try not to do updates often... you know that whole "watched pot" syndrome. But since I don't post as much anymore..... I figured I may as well post some update pics before I get stoned. OMG I MEANT BEFORE SOMEONE STONES ME. WOW somebody actually asked me what kind I was gonna blaze. LOL I DO NOT SMOKE WEED! STOPPIT! :lol: Before anyone says anything, I didn't use any styling products in any of these pics.... thus you may see a few fly-aways. Settle down. I'll be sure to slather it on for ya next time. :grin: (kidding) I'm getting there. :yep:

This was my fro as of February 9, 2010 (BC/ 5-6 months post relaxer)

attachment.php

This was 2.5 months post BC (around May?)

attachment.php

This is now as of September 06, 2010

attachment.php

Last edited:
Congrats! It shows that your enjoying the journey and learning what works for your hair. It does look very healthy.HHG.

Thank you. My reggie is simple really. When I started I did alot of modified wng's. (I co-washed/poo'ed, added my leave ins, detangled with the Wanakee method (12 sections), and left it alone... I didn't worry about curl pattern or anything. I just wore a shrunken fro with random hair candy.) Later when it got a bit more length, I did twist outs by twisting on wet hair with my mix. Nothing for hold because my hair doesn't care much for hairspray anymore. Nothing special just patience and a gentle touch.

I use a glycerin/water/conditioner mix twice daily. And as a leave in, I mix a few tbs of castor oil (plain) to HELTR. I've tried a few different things but in the long run I went back to the tried & trues. I really believe it's about finding what works for you (products, technique, etc.) I think Mook said that a while back and even though i believed it, I just couldn't get it down. Nonie gave me some good advice about twist outs. I had tried them before but they didn't look right and I just couldn't get it right. I changed the size and got better results. I heart my LHCF sistas.

Not alot of heat. Only 3-4 blowouts on medium heat and flat ironed with a maxiglide on 7 so I could trim my ends.

That's about it :look:

Back